Tying Off One End?

B.P.R

Im fairly new to this netting malarkey :laugh:

And after advice/reading the book....

I made a stopnet with the cord able to slip through the endpins...

But i just couldnt get on with it :hmm:

If i wanted the footline...to be loose and the headline to be tight...i couldnt get it?

Whereas...if i let one side run through the pin....

But tie the other off...

I find it much easier to keep the topline tight?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The longnetting section...got to be the most informative section...civilised without the arguments

Real interesting replies,.. Tell ya what,..even in late June,..all this rabbiting chat, has made me long for the Autumn/Winter,...it is fecking criminal realy,.wishing my life away,..but,..I'm sure

it does that to you only yesterday i got a text from mr wilks and all it said was BRING ON THE SEASON.. lets face it we a ll long for the arse end of the year

First question I would ask is, why do you want the footline slack?

TC

thats down to me, i told him i have mine slack to follow the contors of the ground. if i dont do this the bottom line goes over the ruts that the farmers landrover leaves and the bunnies run up these ruts.. i should add some of the ground is a bit rocky and uneven but if you have good flat land like a football pitch it might be a differnet story

horses for course

We all do things differently and do what agrees with us. But pegging it down is not for me. You could have both wheel ruts running through the same 5 yards of net and buy pegging the net can't run along the line and if I did that in 2 places I would be making the net even less afective in my eyes. It would not run as fast on a slack line as I tight one but I prefer the line slack enough to follow the land

As stated we all do things differetly, I have never come accross a situation where I have needed to leave the bottom line loose. One question, how do you get tention on the head lines with the bottom line having no tention? The only way I can think of is tying the running line to the end peg.

TC

We all do things differently and do what agrees with us. But pegging it down is not for me. You could have both wheel ruts running through the same 5 yards of net and buy pegging the net can't run along the line and if I did that in 2 places I would be making the net even less afective in my eyes. It would not run as fast on a slack line as I tight one but I prefer the line slack enough to follow the land

Using the pegs, has never stopped me from catching a Rabbit hitting the net, and thats the main thing.

but as you say we all do things different.

• Like 1

My pegs are all going through the mesh at top and bottom and the running line is wrapped around the peg at the bottom but I don't have big tension in between pegs. First and last peg are fixed better so I have tension on end pins to pegs and I can keep top line tight. I would not fancy no peg to tie the bottom line but I will try it so I can have a valid opinion. But if it works for the man there's nowt wrong with it