Airedale Terrier

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I really the only person that works an Airedale? I got mine from a line of imported dogs: working stock from the USA. Can't fault her: drive, nose, toughness, temperament second to none: works alon

A pure bred KC reg English Airedale will usually sell for around £800 or £900.   Most of the working dog people who got a Redline Airedale from Ian were gifted the dog. Like I said before, he wante

This is jet my bushing terrier     This is buddy Martins redline airedale

Posted Images

I meant the airedale sorry. To another airdale

If I knew enough sensible people would take a pup on, then yes, but the last time I enquired when I was trying to persuade Ian (the original breeder/importer) we could only come up with 4 definites: and you know how 'definites' have a habit of disappearing when the time comes to take a pup. I would love to breed a litter of Airedales from her, but the last two litters of lurchers I bred didn't all end up (eventually) in the type of homes I'd have liked. I wouldn't be happy to hear of a pup passed on by its first birthday because the owners didn't have time/changed jobs/got divorced etc etc. I know you can never say anything is for ever, but I don't like thinking that I may have had some part in putting yet more dogs on the pass-around treadmill.

If I could get enough genuine, vouched for, dedicated dog men and women who really wanted a working bred Airedale above all else, then maybe.

Well keep us posted if you make any plans id try one of them if there were some available

• Like 1

All I can say is that my Airedale changes dramatically if something hurts her. It's like Jekyll and Hyde: the gentlest dog on feather and small game, then something else completely if she gets riled. But it isn't blind fury, rather, the instinct to go for the throat and dispatch quarry fast and efficiently. These are thinking dogs, not fighters or nutters, but the kill instinct is all there when it is needed.

Yes buddy is used for ferreting when he comes to see me and also retrives any shot birds a d as penny says he will hunt mark and get stuck into anything else he as excellent tracking abillity great allrounder from what i have seen

Yes buddy is used for ferreting when he comes to see me and also retrives any shot birds a d as penny says he will hunt mark and get stuck into anything else he as excellent tracking abillity great allrounder from what i have seen

Thanks for the reply its always intresting to read /hear about different breeds . :thumbs:

I would really love to breed a litter of Airedales: Dill is due in season soon. She is now 5/1/2 years old, and I can honestly say that she has never let me down. Although she hasn't done a lot of beating or picking up, she has shown herself to be a natural at it, but it is her ability to work large areas of land, using air scent to begin with, then ground scent as she closes in on the game that I love to watch. One time she winded a pair of CWD from several hundred yards away on a very breezy day out on the fens. To watch her work that open ground, zigzagging back and forth across the land until she got the ground scent was superb. She ended up putting them out of a dry dyke.