The Bowkett Blueprint Service - Is It Worth It?

Depends I suppose.. are these guns being made by gunsmiths or by production like workers simply putting parts together?

after a blueprint you have a rifle made by a gunsmith :thumbs: and for that im willing to pay

your not looking at the bigger picture mate, its not about putting these things together, its the cost of manufacturing the vital components to the tolerances your looking for after someone's fettled it by hand for hours on end. these rifles will be made on cnc machines and the allowable tolerances will be given with the plans. for instance you ask me to make you something from mild steel, you give me tolerances of 40 thou i'll give you a price, then you ask for the same thing to be made but with a tolerance of a micron i'll give you a price that'll make you throw up :thumbs:

I fully understand mate, and perhaps my comment was a little wayward.

The comment was more that im willing to pay to have my rifle to the exact tolerances expected of a rifle that has been precision made by a guy who knows exactly what he is doing

and that for me is worth the money compared to buying a new gun such as a hw100

i agree with what your saying i was just getting at the fact some people expect a gun to be flawless when it comes of the production line. i've had lots of airguns, a few springers, s400, s410 HW100 etc i was happy with how most performed and i worked around their flaws, would i get a rifle fettled?? if i was into my airguns a bit more then dam right i would :yes: but for now i'm more than happy with my little S200. :D

Some good points mate and is probably why I don't think it's worth the money. I'm more than happy with shooting rabbits, crows etc out to 35-40 yards max. I suppose if I was into hitting 5p size groups at 45+ yards then my view would be different...each to their own ;-)

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate , there`s plenty avaliable . Also plenty of people out just to make money from it so look carefully where you go .   Adam , yes i see your point buddy , but i think the BSA`s have kinda made

If I can just add...while there is no doubt about JB's knowledge and craftmanship when it comes to pcp's I feel that these rifles should never have needed such extra work carried out in order to perfo

i've got better things to do with my time than wash and weigh pellets, lifes too short FFS i want to shoot the thing not spend my free time masturbating over how clean my pellets are.

Guest scramble

Depends I suppose.. are these guns being made by gunsmiths or by production like workers simply putting parts together?

after a blueprint you have a rifle made by a gunsmith :thumbs: and for that im willing to pay

your not looking at the bigger picture mate, its not about putting these things together, its the cost of manufacturing the vital components to the tolerances your looking for after someone's fettled it by hand for hours on end. these rifles will be made on cnc machines and the allowable tolerances will be given with the plans. for instance you ask me to make you something from mild steel, you give me tolerances of 40 thou i'll give you a price, then you ask for the same thing to be made but with a tolerance of a micron i'll give you a price that'll make you throw up :thumbs:

I fully understand mate, and perhaps my comment was a little wayward.

The comment was more that im willing to pay to have my rifle to the exact tolerances expected of a rifle that has been precision made by a guy who knows exactly what he is doing

and that for me is worth the money compared to buying a new gun such as a hw100

i agree with what your saying i was just getting at the fact some people expect a gun to be flawless when it comes of the production line. i've had lots of airguns, a few springers, s400, s410 HW100 etc i was happy with how most performed and i worked around their flaws, would i get a rifle fettled?? if i was into my airguns a bit more then dam right i would :yes: but for now i'm more than happy with my little S200. :D

Some good points mate and is probably why I don't think it's worth the money. I'm more than happy with shooting rabbits, crows etc out to 35-40 yards max. I suppose if I was into hitting 5p size groups at 45+ yards then my view would be different...each to their own ;-)

i've got better things to do with my time than wash and weigh pellets, lifes too short FFS i want to shoot the thing not spend my free time masturbating over how clean my pellets are. :laugh:

• Like 2

i've got better things to do with my time than wash and weigh pellets, lifes too short FFS i want to shoot the thing not spend my free time masturbating over how clean my pellets are. :laugh:

So thats what those lads are doing off camera once they've finished posting a shooting video up of which washing up liquid to use............................... :laugh::icon_eek::laugh:

When JB designed the R10 to the spec he wanted it to be like, BSA would have probably put it up on the market for around the £1000 mark? Which compared to other guns at the same price on the market would not have sold very well? And I wouldn't have bought one at that price

Mines been JB BLUEPRINTED and is seriously accurate and consistent and would recommend it

Chris

• Like 1