Can You Shed Some Light. Local Police Refuse Me Local Gun Club

Agreed, there is no reason for you to be refused if the police know absolutely nothing about you,

Either there have been calls to your address or involving you or there is something you're not mentioning,

Or

They have you mixed up with someone else,

Either way, a subject access form (£10 fee etc) will not necessarily mean that every ounce of information is disclosed to you, only what they are obliged to give you. For instance you wouldn't expect a drug dealer to be given every snippet of information a force holds about him/her just because they've asked for it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some things not right that's a fact, and if that's the case, for once I am the side of the police,

Just a word of warning on this, the BASC generally won't help with any issue that started BEFORE the membership did. Don't know about SACS but I imagine thats the same.   That said, SACS is well wor

Please correct me if I am wrong, if you go down the Crown Court road then the loser pays fees which can be a few quid.....?   Cheers...

If you have a criminal record your convictions are considered spent after 10 years,unless there is sex,drugs or violence involved.Similarly if you have a conviction that does not involve sex drugs and violence,you cannot hold a firearm for 10 years.If there is sex drugs and violence,then its a lifetime ban.

All the SA1 forms will do is give a full criminal disclosure,which goes on beyond ten years.If you have no criminal record and the police already have access to a full disclosure,there should be no issue!!.It sounds like as previously stated that you may be being economical with the truth,as they have turned you down flat!.

If you have a criminal record your convictions are considered spent after 10 years,unless there is sex,drugs or violence involved.Similarly if you have a conviction that does not involve sex drugs and violence,you cannot hold a firearm for 10 years.If there is sex drugs and violence,then its a lifetime ban.

All the SA1 forms will do is give a full criminal disclosure,which goes on beyond ten years.If you have no criminal record and the police already have access to a full disclosure,there should be no issue!!.It sounds like as previously stated that you may be being economical with the truth,as they have turned you down flat!.

The only statutory bans on holding firearms are if you have received a custodial sentence over three months but less than three years which is five years, or if more than three years, a lifetime ban.

Other than that, you can quite easily be granted a firearm or shotgun certificate if you have offences within 10 years, sex, drugs and violent offences included.

Of course, any refusal or ban can be challenged in Crown Court.

The only statutory bans on holding firearms are if you have received a custodial sentence over three months but less than three years which is five years, or if more than three years, a lifetime ban.

Other than that, you can quite easily be granted a firearm or shotgun certificate if you have offences within 10 years, sex, drugs and violent offences included.

Of course, any refusal or ban can be challenged in Crown Court.

Please correct me if I am wrong, if you go down the Crown Court road then the loser pays fees which can be a few quid.....?

Cheers...

• Like 1

If they knew he was going through a divorce I bet they'd use that against him. There are enough examples of people having their guns taken away from them in that situation even though they have no legal right to do so.

If they knew he was going through a divorce I bet they'd use that against him. There are enough examples of people having their guns taken away from them in that situation even though they have no legal right to do so.

The power used and only legal one as far as I'm aware for confiscation (not revocation or refusal) of firearms is to prevent a breach or a further breach of the peace.

The power is ultimately at common law and can be sought to mean almost anything. It's perfectly legal if justified and I'm sure the majority of situations justifies removing the guns, it's when police use it as a tool to inconvenience or a halfway measure it becomes unlawful or at least annoying.

I'd rather someone's guns be confiscated if the situation at home is getting more and more heated than another domestic murder added to the statistics.

Well it appears that the OP has gone silent on the subject,what was the point of asking our opinions/help and then ignoring all the replies? He was last active on the 22nd of july, so I would have expected a response,maybe one or two of us have hit the nail on the head and now he is embarrassed, fair play but why ask in the first place?