Beagle X Cocker

I'd love to see some photos of and hear about any beagle x cockers that are out there.

If all goes to plan. . . in a good few years i'm thinking I might breed some. Well. . . . with a twist. Out of these two. . . .

IMG_0119_zpsd1fdac0e.jpg

IMG_0102_zps026010d3.jpg

Crap photo of the cocker, but he's only 4 month and impossible to keep still.

• Like 1

Nice looking cocker.... The pups from them 2 if ya mate them should be very interesting to watch work they should have plenty drive about them and a canny coat..... I like the look of your bitch aswell is she a busy worker or more methodical in in working style

Nice looking cocker.... The pups from them 2 if ya mate them should be very interesting to watch work they should have plenty drive about them and a canny coat..... I like the look of your bitch aswell is she a busy worker or more methodical in in working style

Cheers pal :thumbs:

The bitch is very methodical and steady when she works cover, although when on open ground or woodland she can fly. :thumbs:

I do like the look of the black and tan bitch mate. i was chatting to a guy a few months back about the merits of such a cross . what was the beagle like that was bred from?......... just out of interest.

i'm not a fan of out crossing beagle blood like pugs/poodles and so on but i think that cross could be a handy tool in the right hands . :thumbs:

• Like 1

I used to hunt a small pack of this type of dog, but mine were bred cocker/terrier x beagle or just cocker x terrier.

This was my best bitch by far and worked very well on her own, as she would skim through the wood, and then hunt the quarry back towards me.

th_MOV00056-1.jpg

DnN

• Like 1

I do like the look of the black and tan bitch mate. i was chatting to a guy a few months back about the merits of such a cross . what was the beagle like that was bred from?......... just out of interest.

i'm not a fan of out crossing beagle blood like pugs/poodles and so on but i think that cross could be a handy tool in the right hands . :thumbs:

By all accounts, the beagle bitch was a handy sort, a nice sized bitch.

At the Pellena valley hounds show today, I met the man who bred the sire to my bitch today, and the gens back as far as the original teckle used.

He told me his aim was to produce rough coated beagles, with a few other attributes.

He seemed happy with how my bitch had turned out.

We discussed possible future breeding plans. . . . . and it added a whole new dimension of possibilities . . . . . .

:thumbs:

• Like 1