What Dogs

also like to add that im very sure there has been plenty of irish dogs that went to eng and couldnt hack it but the same could be said if the english lads came over here more often maby a lot of there dogs wouldnt hack ireland, there is plenty of good english breeding here in ireland and iv no dought they very good dogs but to say a dog has to have english blood to be a good 1 is crazy, where did the saluki come from??? it sure didnt come from ire or eng so maby we should be saying that a dog has to have south arabia blood to be good?? ps was just thinking there i was speaking to t.m a while back and he also said the hares in certain parts of ireland equally as good as certain parts of england

Edited by banner man
  • Like 1

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't no about the rest of yous but i'm just happy to see mine work, but then i'm just a simple northern c**t

Who really gives a toss except the majority that are more interested in making a name for themselves than enjoying the gallop for what it should be about,testing a dog and enjoying the day regardless

and the all lived happy ever after THE END   THIS WAS BASED ON A TRUE STORY

Your wrong jim best hares are in eng that's why best dogs in ire now have eng blood in them. Go over run them then cooment I've run kildare and carlow I've run all over eng you won't find better than coveny. No dog go there run 5 them they just don't fold. If eng no good why everyone bring pure saluki and eng blood in there dogs.

first of all john i never said eng hares or dogs no good, you say the best dogs in ireland has eng blood in them, who has the best dogs in ireland?? because to be fair every man fancys his own dogs so thats very debateable in my opinion, secondly your right iv never hunted eng so i cant say which hares are better but there is a good few men from ireland that hunt england and each and every 1 of them say that you get good hares in both places so it seems your the only person that thinks that hares better in eng, your right about land being bigger in england but in saying that there is some great land in ireland big enough for any dog, so it be intresting to get other lads opinions thats hunted both places???

good post bm.i hunted eng only thing the ground bigger and depends on the length of the slip.ina couple of the comps we run the english men were slipping your dog giving the hares big advantage.on an ordinary hunt slipping your own dogs close the hares are easy killed not like here. as for the best dogs in ireland having english blood in them lol would you not spout the same crap if you had ayard full of them asking telephone numbers for them.

we had dogs years ago could kill hares anywhere in Ireland,brought them to England got blown to bits ,as for English dogs running over here all our line of dogs are English and belive me they can kill them anywhere,and of course there is some parts of England that have weak hares the same as Ireland,dead of winter on the fens when the dogs paws are 4 times the size with mud stuck to them that's when you truly test your dogs and let no man tell you different

• Like 4

we had dogs years ago could kill hares anywhere in Ireland,brought them to England got blown to bits ,as for English dogs running over here all our line of dogs are English and belive me they can kill them anywhere,and of course there is some parts of England that have weak hares the same as Ireland,dead of winter on the fens when the dogs paws are 4 times the size with mud stuck to them that's when you truly test your dogs and let no man tell you different

did any of the fly men want to slip your dogs.whats all that about.

Delboy blood galvanised your stock :toast::laugh::laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad you said that john cause your dad and you were example of people in ire has good dogs with eng blood. So has temple king he going years. So has philip king remember ginger french sent him dogs. So did nooney send him the pure he put over louth tiger dads judie all best dogs in ire have eng blood its made them stronger. Any lads that go to eng on a regular basis knows its the cream of the crop reason why more hares better land see ur dog run. Ire has great land and good hares but sadly not enough hares on our good land.

• Like 1

no dought mucky paws ye have good dogs and as i said there plenty of dogs in ireland with good english breeding but surely not all english dogs are good as not every irish dog is good, all breeding starts somewhere weather its england or ireland there is good dogs in both countrys

You only got to have seen the slip Blondie got on her fifth hare the day she won the 2000 Forley to know that the there was no favoritism shown especially to English dogs!! Although it was only English dogs got that far in the comp.

Think uve a good dog go eng test it if it does well both countrys uve a goodin but not 1 trip run it regulary in eng through its whole life and ire if it lasts its whole career you can call it good dog.

thats only your opinion gorger it dosnt mean your right

• Like 1

great post :yes:

no dought mucky paws ye have good dogs and as i said there plenty of dogs in ireland with good english breeding but surely not all english dogs are good as not every irish dog is good, all breeding starts somewhere weather its england or ireland there is good dogs in both countrys

don't think any body saying all English dogs are good ,good and bad where ever you go for years in the greyhound world the best of breeding was from Ireland,the same with coursing dogs people moved with the times and put better traits in there dogs,let me say this adog and bitch were gifted to my dad they were called midnight and ink anybody that knew these dogs knew they could run,we lined both of them she had 11 pups and they would not catch a hare in a horse box,