MY POST???

Guest FOXDOG

Guest nitedog
ive got a saluki x, it runs on the fens, runs on the lamp, infact i have yet to see a better lamp dog than it and ive owned minshaws and been out with a few, he also kills deer and foxes.....so since ive owned both im having the deceiding word on the whole subject...saluki.s :D:D:D

ive owend them both and i say minshaw are the best on the lamp by far maybe salukis for the day because for me salukis like the chase rather than the kill and not one ov the salukis iv had would take anything that bit back but everyones got there owen view ive been to the fens and they are like big rabits easy :yes:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me collies are buggin'.

If you raise a "saluki type" from a pup big chance it will run game and investigate but come back to heel pretty quickly on a signal. It will catch game and stay in one piece pretty well.

It doesn't show the mechanical quick respons of the collies and is a lot more "adult" and calm to live with.

L.

Guest nitedog
the thing is hunting with dogs is split right down the middle....on one side you have daytime lads/lasses who run mainly just one quarry the other you have lampers who run several types of larger quarry daytime lads/lasses prefer saluki x's , but this also depends on where you run your dogs, small fields some frefer whippet/collie greyhound x's with a bit of saluki on more open lad you need the saluki element otherwise the dogs just dont last 2minutes...the lamping lads/lasses prefer dogs with bull for the aggression side as they tend to run several types of quarry rather than just one.

so this is where the arguing starts some say saluki for stamina some say bull soime just know feck all n just start slaggin both

spot on mate two difrent sports :thumbs:

Guest markbrick1
i have a friend had a saluki x could kill 6 out ov 6 on the fens he come up n yorkshire for a night out lamping and it didnt kill a hare and that dog got sold for five grand :signthankspin:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: theres a lot on these sites who think the fens is the only place in the world

Guest markbrick1
The furthest a hare has to run to get to a hedge or fence round here is 500 yards. Not as far as the eye can see like down the "fens" :yes:
its the same round me joe ...but what do you meen by that ...??? :D

SO YOUR SAYING THESE SUPER FEN DOGS THAT CATCH 3 OUT OF 3 WILL GO OVER BRINDLE NEAR YOU AND DO THE SAME??????? WAKE UP SHOOPS