MY POST???

Guest FOXDOG

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anybody can argue that any dog compares to a saluki's stamina is beyond me!

yes a saluki does give you stamina, but it is one of the thickest dogs on the planet, and serious pot fillers cant be thick, i would love you saluki lads on serious note see what happens when your out with the ferrets all day and then the lamp in the night,salukis are no match for the colliex,mark,so just move on

All i keep are saluki based lurchers and they can certainly fill a pot or ten. Theres more than a few people on here who have seen them run day and night :yes:

How anybody can argue that any dog compares to a saluki's stamina is beyond me!

yes a saluki does give you stamina, but it is one of the thickest dogs on the planet, and serious pot fillers cant be thick, i would love you saluki lads on serious note see what happens when your out with the ferrets all day and then the lamp in the night,salukis are no match for the colliex,mark,so just move on

Your first few words would have sufficed :laugh: ....but im not saying that a saluki can/cant match what you want from your collie x as regards to ferreting/obediance ect....But how do you think a collie x would fair against a saluki in the salukis terratory? ie the Fenns?.....Different crosses for different jobs...all i meant with my post was for out and out Stamina you cant beat Saluki's!....

Happy Hunting :thumbs:

Guest bitsa lurcher

i would say horse's for course's , i have tried a saluki x once and found the dog to be to big for the ground i work on , he was quite big ...29 inch tts .......where as on the same ground a 24 inch tts bull x will catch a lot more ......... having said that i will be the first to addmitt that the 24 inch bull x would not be a match for the saluki x ............so there we have it get a dog that suites the ground that you cover :clapper: edited to add the saluki x was acctually collie/grey x saluki/grey

Why do people think that saluki's are all thick and collies are all rocket scientists :blink: Breed from the right dogs and you will get what you are looking for. I have tried collie Xs and personally can't get along with there strange ways give me one of my own any day.

[

I agree with you Millet ,but what about in the classifieds when someone is trying to sell something and idiots have to slag them off ,even though they have no intention to buy or have no interest in whats for sale

Someone always has to say a s**t remark

They should be removed i think

Well said. :thumbs:

Thats why i dont advertise much, i do it somewhere else, where i get peace. :):tongue2:

Frank.

Edited by Frank
I removed it because of the childish bickering between two member's.. and ill do the same thing if it start's again..

Millet

Is it not possible to just remove the couple of people that are causing the problem?Surely removing the whole thread is playing right into their hands.....................Martin. :hmm:

Surely these breed x's are all just guides anyway with bad characters / workers cropping up no matter how good the lines are. As long as people are happy with their dog i think its bang out of order for someone to give it a slagging unless they know the individual dog itself (and even then its still out of order to knock another mans pride and joy)... mines a poodle / basset cross any day of the week :whistling:

the slagging starts when they dont or cant think of anything constructive to say then its out with the dummy :laugh: .

(stamina), a collie has plenty of stamina at its own pace , where a saluki has stamina with pace.

ive got a saluki x, it runs on the fens, runs on the lamp, infact i have yet to see a better lamp dog than it and ive owned minshaws and been out with a few, he also kills deer and foxes.....so since ive owned both im having the deceiding word on the whole subject...saluki.s :D:D:D

salukis are the fastest animal on the planet over three miles so you have stamina and pace just like sv says stamina with pace :victory: ...and who ever said salukis are thick :blink: must be thick as feck themselves :clapper: ...why the feck do collies chase car tyres ???? :blink: you cant just say one breed is thick and another is clever ..you get both in both breeds ..... :D

but its salukis x for me too they make excellent allrounders and they are by far the best hare dogs in the world .... over and out off here snoop ... :feck: