Dangerous Idiot Shooting Pigeons

Yep 10 yards isn't a big gap and as Ruby said a cyclist could be int he centre of the gap in a second at speed.

@ Beast, I got the impression you had a heated exchange. If you were really polite with a steady on and he got abusive, then he is a real c*ck. No need for that. If I ever found myself in that situation, I'd have been apologising profusely and thinking long and hard how I could avoid the problem repeating. Then again I'd like to think I'd never get in that situation as I'd never fire towards to across a path in the 1st place! I'd rather not take a shot than risk an accident.

My feeling 100% the guy is a complete arsehole and does not deserve to have a shotgun, speak to the landowner, make your feelings well known, out of order mate, get him sorted.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7hRX9rhRSmIAFMZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBybjFrcjVnBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=131i7dhk0/EXP=1371104983/**http%3a//www.basc.org.uk/download.cfm/docid/8201D2D

Section 161 (2) Highways Act 1980   "It is an offence without lawful authority or excuse, to discharge any firearm within 50 feet of the centre of a highway if a user of the highway is injured, inte

Well thats a very different scenario mate and his gun level would be very dangerous....you had every right to be annoyed....

i think i shall take the advice to have a chat with the landowner and ask him to tell the shooter exactly why there is an issue, rather than just kick him off as he may just go and be a nuisance elsewhere if he isn't advised of the nature of the problem.

thanks for your input everybody :thumbs:

For the purposes of Section 161 (2) of the Highways Act 1980 (as amended), a ‘highway’ is restricted to a public right of way for the passage of vehicles and does not include footpaths, cycle tracks or bridleways. Therefore the fifty feet rule described above does not apply to rights of ways that cross private lands e.g. footpaths.

Learn something new everyday, I wasn't aware that for the purpose of that Act, it only included highways for use by vehicles.

I'll post it as a pinned thread when I have two minutes :thumbs:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/270438-built-up-area/

Keep up SS, #4! :laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Edit, been quoted a few times before that as well...... I can see it back in 2010 at least! :D:laugh::thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Common sense would tell you no to shoot over a public foot path more so if you have limited views of it as beast is saying but sadly common sense is a thing few possess

For the purposes of Section 161 (2) of the Highways Act 1980 (as amended), a ‘highway’ is restricted to a public right of way for the passage of vehicles and does not include footpaths, cycle tracks or bridleways. Therefore the fifty feet rule described above does not apply to rights of ways that cross private lands e.g. footpaths.

Learn something new everyday, I wasn't aware that for the purpose of that Act, it only included highways for use by vehicles.

I'll post it as a pinned thread when I have two minutes :thumbs:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/270438-built-up-area/

Keep up SS, #4! :laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Edit, been quoted a few times before that as well...... I can see it back in 2010 at least! :D:laugh::thumbs:

:laugh:

I've probably read it before somewhere, then become immersed in something else just after, something interesting like difference in accuracy if a bullet is .001 smaller :blink: and totally forgotten about it :yes:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :whistling:

Thing is if he told you to 'feck off' he is behaving aggressively whilst in possession of firearm, threatening behaviour infront of a child......If you really wanted to go for him I think you could go for several things........

Hi quick question guys as this has got me thinking because I have just been granted my sgc, I preliminarily shoot air rifles now, but am moving on to shotguns for a change every now and then, my new permission has two fields with a public road(green road) between the two, am I allowed to shoot pigeon flying at me with the road in between me and the next field, I would be say , 100 yards away from the road but aiming above it so the pigeon land in the field I'm in or if they were flying at quite some speed the field over the road, the roads width is a normal green country road in the middle of nowhere, you don't see a lot except the very occasional horse every now and then. Although I dont intend to blat shotgun rounds off when a know there is a horse nearby, not so bad with an air rifle .