Barf Of Back To Dry For Racing Lurcher??

I suspect whether you feed dry, BARF or a mixture, you will still have to keep an eye on the weight of your dog. I cant really understand why dry would be better as you would still need to change the volume to coincide with the volume of exercise. I would opt for the feeding regime that firstly the dog looks best on and what suits your lifestyle.

Good luck Sirius

I would carry on with the barf personally , it looks a great diet you are feeding . I wouldn't sacrifice her condition , just keep add or take accordingly . I believe a dog thrives when it looks forward to its food , she'll be we'll pissed of with you , if you change her back onto complete after that tasty stuff, lol .

*Barf Or Back To Dry...

I got my bitch of dry food and onto raw about 6 months ago, but considering changing back...reason being i'm starting lure racing/coursing with her and the local club races by weight not height, so it's important she maintains a stable weight.

I currently feed her a diet consisting 1/2 raw meat (chicken or rabbit), 1/4 veggies and 1/4 working dog muesli (to bulk out meals) fed twice a day. She also gets raw meaty beef ribs or lamb legs/shoulders from a local butcher a couple of times a week and the odd scrambled egg. sizes of the evening meal vary day to day depending how much exercise she's done, so sometimes she's getting a full bowl and sometimes its hardly anything.

is it worth keeping this up, or should I get her exercise and feeding regime more stable to maintain her weight? what works for you?

64861_10200559163764478_373134255_n.jpg

My mate feeds raw meat Salmon etc, he has four Greyhounds currently running NGRC

he has a trainer's licence, and they are weighed before a race, and have to be spot on, and he manages it, on this type of feeding regime.

thanks for replies, as it happens since posting this I've switched from BARF to RAW. she now lives off pork chops/bellies/shoulders, whole chickens cut into 1/4s, whole rabbits (that she catches), lamb chops/legs/necks/organs & rump steaks!

got a job in a supermarket shortly after posting this, and they gave me all the unsold meat at the time of sell by date. as it happens, Nancy has maintained a good weight the whole time and is looking fantastic!

thanks for replies, as it happens since posting this I've switched from BARF to RAW. she now lives off pork chops/bellies/shoulders, whole chickens cut into 1/4s, whole rabbits (that she catches), lamb chops/legs/necks/organs & rump steaks!

got a job in a supermarket shortly after posting this, and they gave me all the unsold meat at the time of sell by date. as it happens, Nancy has maintained a good weight the whole time and is looking fantastic!

You droped lucky there, keep it to your self it only takes one jealous empty head to feck it up for ya..