Would You Pay £200 For Your Gun Licence?

So if you don't have deer permission you cant get a rifle ..That would have stopped me 30 years ago...I paid per day & had invites never had my own place for ten years..

The mentoring thing is not law it was made up by the chief constables ,if you have a .243 for foxes & you shoot deer that will get your ticket withdrawn same as if you shoot one with any calibre not allowed. Do you not want anyone to get a .243 for fox .Your given your fac on the basis you will abide by the conditions on it . If they thought you had to be checked on what you shoot chances are they wouldn't have given it to you in the first place .

Shotguns ...if you are eligible to have a ticket whats the odds on how many you have ... you can only shoot one at a time .If you want to fill you cabinet with a dozen whats the odds. My pal's into motor bikes hes got 17 ... what ever floats your boat...

Will there be a set distance with each calibre for fox ...?.....Who will set it ..?.....Surely its up to person pulling the trigger to know weather its the right tool to do the job ..same as its up to the person shooting near /on a footpath to know that what there doing is safe ..as for ruffling feathers your not doing a bad job know ....the words fan hit shite come to mind , not quite in that order ....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope they could f**k off if that was the case.......hate it when they go down the money route to solve a problem. I think its too expensive as it is.....why should we have to pay anyway? If your prove

What laws would you like to see tightened Phill ? I cant think of any mate ...Give an inch ....There already bringing compulsory tests in by the back door , mentoring , where did that come from , giv

£200 complete piss take , but if the powers to be decide thats what its going to cost, we have two choices give up your guns or pay it . Me for the sake of less than 80p a day i shall be hanging onto

just been out shot MJ your way, was hit on A264 East Grinstead

come on Rich be fair.

There are people out there with rifles with no land to shoot deer on, they have a ticket pay for a day and shoot, when you have your own permission you can study learn watch see whats about and finally shoot, you gain you learn, in between you can put a target up check your accurate may sure all is ok. when you turn up and pay can you do that???

as for fox how many foxes have you shot with a shotgun how many have you killed? did the others get away clean with no buck shot??? can every body say they have killed 100%

if I ask the same question on deer what would the ratio be, the same I hope not, what does that mean wounded foxes, missed foxes.

where did I say I didn't want anyone to get a 243 for fox im happy with and centre fire for fox just not shotguns.

this is my point what I say is taken out of concept.

whats the point

When folks turn up here having paid to stalk they are tested on the range (standard procedure for any professional stalking outfit)and then accompanied for the entire length of the stalk by an experienced stalker (giving them every opportunity to learn)

I'll take that over someone with no experience and few acres to shoot over anytime.

As for how much certificates should cost I dont care mine get paid for by the estate lol

• Like 1

When folks turn up here having paid to stalk they are tested on the range (standard procedure for any professional stalking outfit)and then accompanied for the entire length of the stalk by an experienced stalker (giving them every opportunity to learn)

I'll take that over someone with no experience and few acres to shoot over anytime.

As for how much certificates should cost I dont care mine get paid for by the estate lol

Alright for some :laugh::thumbs:

I still don't think people without there own land shouldn't have a FAC ,where do you gain any experience ,I used to pay to stalk,pay to shoot at the range long before I had my own place .If the criteria to get an FAC is your own place half the people on this site would loose it ..is that fair ...?.and whatever gun you shoot foxes with its down to the guy pulling the trigger...its no different shooting them miles away with a rifle..if the guy shooting with a shotgun isn't capable of doing it properly giving him /her a rifle wont improve the situation . ps my kill ratio on foxes with a shotgun is 100% shot 3 killed 3 ...not bad for 40 years shooting .

when it comes to justifying a price and equating it to so much per day your right it is good value, but then bring it back to the real world and suddenly it's a weeks wages in one foul swoop and all of a sudden it becomes for many unattainable, I'm off long term sick and I can't afford the fee as it is now!! I can already hear the mumblings well if you can't afford to pay for a certificate how do you intend to pay for cartridges and a shotgun, friends will always stand you for the odd day here and there but I draw the line at asking friends to pay for my certificate. I think keeping the fee lower will keep the majority of people law abiding and applying via the correct route whereas an increased fee will see more people shooting illegally, you've only got to look at the soaring cost of motoring and peoples financial situation to understand the increased numbers of people driving without insurance or even a licence. :hmm:

• Like 1

But wouldn't it be good if we had our FAC online, you want to renew or vary it make a call or fill in an online form and a couple of days later the new form is there, print go and buy, upload the new info and its on your licence.

That's what i'm talking about improvements.

Ive got a .222 not used it in years a friend of mine wants to use it for a couple of months go on line fill out the form gun on loan from xxxxx then its there I give him the gun its off mine and its done, less than 3 days how long would that take now, also there is no reason to charge what is it £25 for every variation.

The simple answer is yes if I have to, dosent mean I have to like it, however I would just make a conscious effort to put 40 quid a year away to pay for it, lets face it boys if the powers that be think they will stop us from having firearms by hiking the price up then why not show them it wont?

So if you can afford to pay more money for a gun licence it automatically makes you a more responsible person and more suited to gun ownership? :blink: I've heard some rubbish on here over the years but that is right up there.. :doh: That's nothing but elitism IMO..

Here here what a blinkered self effacing view!Its the thin end of the wedge and they'll set a precedent and keep increasing the fees slowly pushing more and more people out of shooting!

I would even pay £500 for a 5 years FAC. It is a good way of rooting out those who fire one or two rounds a year (probably in a shooting club) just to renew the license and keep firearms at home. My police authority has been very fair to me and I had no problems whatsoever in obtaining or renewing my FAC as they can see that I have a genuine reason for keeping firearms. I would however keep the fees as low as possible to those who need an FAC to make a living, e.g. farmers, gamekeepers, etc.

Whats your problem with people wanting to keep there firearm ,? why do you need to" root out" anybody ?.Whats the problem with people who only want to shoot occasionally at the shooting club ...? Sounds like i'm all right jack pull the ladder up , there are plenty of people who could not pull up £500 in one go who would have to give up there ticket & there sport ,bet there love your idea..... :hmm: ...............

• Like 1