Would You Pay £200 For Your Gun Licence?

in the paper today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10108764/Cost-of-shotgun-and-firearm-licences-must-rise-say-police-chiefs.html

I would pay more if we had an easier and quicker system, I do think law needs to be tight I think guns are given out too easily.

I think we are due a big shake up and it wouldn't do any harm to do so, but don't just take - give as well.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope they could f**k off if that was the case.......hate it when they go down the money route to solve a problem. I think its too expensive as it is.....why should we have to pay anyway? If your prove

What laws would you like to see tightened Phill ? I cant think of any mate ...Give an inch ....There already bringing compulsory tests in by the back door , mentoring , where did that come from , giv

£200 complete piss take , but if the powers to be decide thats what its going to cost, we have two choices give up your guns or pay it . Me for the sake of less than 80p a day i shall be hanging onto

Nope they could f**k off if that was the case.......hate it when they go down the money route to solve a problem. I think its too expensive as it is.....why should we have to pay anyway? If your proven to be suitable to have a license then that should be enough and you should be given one until you do something that warrants loosing it.

You dont pay for a new car license every 5 years!!!!

• Like 6

When some one up the ladder says the price is going up no one will have a choice , all the consultations in the world wont matter a toss , its pay up or no ticket .I feel sorry for people struggling with home costs , kids etc it will be a big ask , £200 is a lump in one go for a lot of people.Would it be impossible to give people time to pay , perhaps over a year ..or is it another way to control gun ownership ..??...You can bet it will come at what amount remains to be seen ..

Nope they could f**k off if that was the case.......hate it when they go down the money route to solve a problem. I think its too expensive as it is.....why should we have to pay anyway? If your proven to be suitable to have a license then that should be enough and you should be given one until you do something that warrants loosing it.

No, but you pay road fund licence (Tax) of £200 odd every year. I'm not saying I'd LIKE to pay £40 a year - just saying in the grand scheme of things it's not terrible. :thumbs: And you have to pay for a new car licence every 10 years.

£200 complete piss take , but if the powers to be decide thats what its going to cost, we have two choices give up your guns or pay it .

Me for the sake of less than 80p a day i shall be hanging onto mine , pay more for my tv license and get less enjoyment out of the fecking thing

• Like 2

No, but you pay road fund licence (Tax) of £200 odd every year. I'm not saying I'd LIKE to pay £40 a year - just saying in the grand scheme of things it's not terrible. :thumbs: And you have to pay for a new car licence every 10 years.

Yes thats to maintain roads and such..........if you want to go to the clays or rent shooting you have to pay too but you dont have to pay for a renewal off your license. I never knew you had to pay for car license every 10?... :hmm:

Yes thats to maintain roads and such..........if you want to go to the clays or rent shooting you have to pay too but you dont have to pay for a renewal off your license. I never knew you had to pay for car license every 10?... :hmm:

Nor me till I read if you let your licence run out you can get a £1000 fine. Check the expiry date on your photocard. Only costs £20 though.

Nor me till I read if you let your licence run out you can get a £1000 fine. Check the expiry date on your photocard. Only costs £20 though.

2015..... :icon_eek: .....Well i hope they send a reminder cause theres no chance i'll be paying that. And good luck getting a grand off me...... :laugh:

• Like 2

2015..... :icon_eek: .....Well i hope they send a reminder cause theres no chance i'll be paying that. And good luck getting a grand off me...... :laugh:

No they certainly don't send a reminder. :laugh: You can do it all online. :thumbs:

No they certainly don't send a reminder. :laugh: You can do it all online. :thumbs:

Well i wish them all the luck in the world then......... :yes::bye:

Saw this on another forum, think it takes the piss.. :yes: They're saying it costs them more to process an application than the fee covers, but what else is the police budget for if not dealing with the things they are required to do by law? :hmm: If they ensured the staff they employ were capable of working efficiently and they had an efficient system in place it might not cost them so much money in the first place. You gun owners are facing the possibility of being forced to pay more money because of incompetence and inefficiency. It's not like you're a consumer and can take your money elsewhere, they've got you by the bollocks..

They sent me a reminder mate, otherwise I wouldn't have known you needed to do it every 10 years! :laugh:

Saw this on another forum, think it takes the piss.. :yes: They're saying it costs them more to process an application than the fee covers, but what else is the police budget for if not dealing with the things they are required to do by law? :hmm: If they ensured the staff they employ were capable of working efficiently and they had an efficient system in place it might not cost them so much money in the first place. You gun owners are facing the possibility of being forced to pay more money because of incompetence and inefficiency. It's not like you're a consumer and can take your money elsewhere, they've got you by the bollocks..

They sent me a reminder mate, otherwise I wouldn't have known you needed to do it every 10 years! :laugh:

Didn't send me one. Maybe it's because you're nearer Swansea? :hmm::laugh: