Photo
Wanted

Ratting In Midlands For My Russell Bitch...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Gaz_1989

Gaz_1989

Elbow Head

• Donator
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:10 pm

I've just got this Russell bitch and would like to see what she's like on the rats. She is fiery and wants to kill anything small and furry, cats, ferrets, rabbits, birds etc.

94AD49CB-9FF7-4D73-ACA9-D365571808DD-214

I don't know much about ratting at all, I've just been into running dogs so far and have got this bitch to bush to the lurchers.

I can travel.

Cheers

Gaz

#2 R.A.W

R.A.W

Partial To A Spa Day

• Donator
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:59 am

you'd be no good with me, the ratting i do i use the ferrets to push them out  :thumbs:

she does looks a nice type mate

Edited by R.A.W, 10 June 2013 - 12:00 pm.

#3 Gaz_1989

Gaz_1989

Elbow Head

• Donator
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:06 am

you'd be no good with me, the ratting i do i use the ferrets to push them out  :thumbs:

I keep ferrets myself mate, tried to break her to them but no joy so far.

#4 R.A.W

R.A.W

Partial To A Spa Day

• Donator
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:11 am

I keep ferrets myself mate, tried to break her to them but no joy so far.

I suppose theres always a smoker mate

#5 Gaz_1989

Gaz_1989

Elbow Head

• Donator
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:13 am

Yeh thats the route i will go down. Just need to find somewhere with plenty of the little buggers to go at!

#6 R.A.W

R.A.W

Partial To A Spa Day

• Donator
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:29 am

have you been out knocking doors ?.................... theres plenty about this time of year and if people start to see them they want them gone. A few  ask me to pop around to clear them for them. did one a week before last for two old boys I move an old pallet didn't know what was funnyer me doing a my best dace jig to stamp on them or an 80 year old man hanging on to a barn door for dear life with a nest running every where. my bitch didn't know which one to kill  :laugh: .

i enjoy a bit of ratting this time of year it gives everything else a chance to thieve and keeps me busy untill the fishing season

• Wasted_For_Ever likes this

#7 Gaz_1989

Gaz_1989

Elbow Head

• Donator
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:50 pm

I've asked at a few farms and been told they don't have any rats! Lol.

To be perfectly honest I could do with someone showing me the ropes anyway as I wouldn't know where to start really.

#8 Ideation

Ideation

Jesus Like Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:02 pm

I'm desperate to find some ratting as well! Its getting harder it seems!

#9 BRY

BRY

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:21 pm

join the club J  boy lol

#10 Ideation

Ideation

Jesus Like Hunter

• Members
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:23 pm

Been doing a bit at home mate lol! Those bait stations are working. And they WERE in the garage, the feckers had made a nest INSIDE the quad bike, bolted three from the engine!

#11 toby63

toby63

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:26 pm

with all the health regs these days farms have to be alot cleaner and they put poison down .i went door knocking today with no luck .i asked him how many chickens he had and he said just short of 17000 all free range

#12 BRY

BRY

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:48 am

Did you move some of the bait stations around to where the rats are/were in the garage? They should be working now as its been nearly 2weeks.

That hound with his nose will tell you where they are :thumbs:

#13 Ideation

Ideation

Jesus Like Hunter

• Members
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:37 pm

Did you move some of the bait stations around to where the rats are/were in the garage? They should be working now as its been nearly 2weeks.

Yes mate, moved some into the garage. And they are def working, the rats have been emptying them and i've been finding very sleepy looking rats about the place and killed a few. The hound has dug a few nests out and marked a few adults that we've killed! She found them in the quad.

#14 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:45 pm

Yes mate, moved some into the garage. And they are def working, the rats have been emptying them and i've been finding very sleepy looking rats about the place and killed a few. The hound has dug a few nests out and marked a few adults that we've killed! She found them in the quad.

unusual to find rats that have eaten poison, once they start to feel the effects they usually find somewhere dark and quiet to go and die,

#15 Ideation

Ideation

Jesus Like Hunter

• Members
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:57 pm

unusual to find rats that have eaten poison, once they start to feel the effects they usually find somewhere dark and quiet to go and die,

Well the one died very 'un-quietly'. . . . my old man spotted it lying in the chicken run, looking stoned. And belted the shit out of it with a bit of 2x4.

Couple of others have been spotted wobbling across the garden and been seen to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users