• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just curious Newsboy......where do you get this remarkable knowledge and insight into the game that " us lot " as you put it....dont have ? I dont agree with Brookie but i understand his opinions

Of the 5 fights Haye has won at Heavyweight......4 of them were won by stoppage......2 of them in world title fights.....................to compare Hayes list of opponents to Furys is just being silly

Tyson Fury is past confidant he is deluded and the way he trash talks other boxers shows the man has no class ...One thing about Hayes prep for a fight is its very meticulous and he works with a world

Yeh john is coaching now st helens lad worked at pilkinton glass. England , gt britain capt for about. 10 years still hold the record for aba titles. Craking am boxer. We will never know. Eh is the answer to you next qestion. Lol

gte -- can you remember an am boxer turned down pro loads of times wanted to go as far as he could in the ams john lyons 80s I think

john lyon used to live a few miles down the road from me. a nice quiet bloke. won 8 aba finals light fly and flyweight. competed in the 1984 and 1988 olympics. fought at world, european and commonwealth championships. worked at pilkingtons glass factory asi did contracting.his son craig is a pro.

Edited by darbo

gte -- can you remember an am boxer turned down pro loads of times wanted to go as far as he could in the ams john lyons 80s I think

john lyon used to live a few miles down the road from me. a nice quiet bloke. won 8 aba finals light fly and flyweight. competed in the 1884 and 1988 olympics. fought at world, european and commonwealth championships. worked at pilkingtons glass factory asi did contracting.his son craig is a pro.
. Gentle man of the highest order No greater ambassador for Am boxing

john lyon used to live a few miles down the road from me. a nice quiet bloke. won 8 aba finals light fly and flyweight. competed in the 1884 and 1988 olympics. fought at world, european and commonwealth championships. worked at pilkingtons glass factory asi did contracting.his son craig is a pro.
won the tammer tournament in its day the top am tournament

. Gentle man of the highest order No greater ambassador for Am boxing

Not seen him for a good few years. used to talk to him in work when i was in pilks contracting a very polite and modest man. :thumbs:

people who think fury as got a chance against haye are seriously deluded fury is domestic level haye is world level an i doubt he will truely want the fight cause haye will end his career end of. an mr lyon is a great ambassador to to ams lovely man an good trainer been around the sport along time.

• Like 2

Did John Lyon box for st Helens or am I getting mixed up , that club certainly produced some great amateurs in the 70s/80s the Gilbodys , Steve Johnson , Tony Smart Keith Wallace etc lots of ABA titles between them

haye would keep fury on the deck he hits harder and moves faster fury doesn't have the answer to haye. I find the heavy weights getting boring now that they are all giant freaks theyre too slow. watching them klitschcos is like watching f1 when Schumacher dominated, it became boring and predictable

• Like 2

haye would keep fury on the deck he hits harder and moves faster fury doesn't have the answer to haye. I find the heavy weights getting boring now that they are all giant freaks theyre too slow. watching them klitschcos is like watching f1 when Schumacher dominated, it became boring and predictable

if haye moves faster and hits harder, why is he not the champ? nothing boring about the brothers from the east, western media daft talk, they would be greats if from usa or uk.

c'mon, your havin a laff, hayes fights at heavyweight have been a joke, he ran for 12 rounds in the fight with the giant, didnt deserve to win, an over the hill john ruiz , another black guy, cant remember his name, he was shot, the klitchko farce, audley :laugh: and a decent win over chisora. u lot on here said he would beat the so called robot klitchko, cos u fell for the hype.

the best post on here newsboy :thumbs: .hayes beaten nobody ,valuev was at least ninety .ruiz was well and truly over .audley doesnt count .the chisawra fiasco was a fix from the start of the so called brawl at the after fight press conference .he ran like a girl all night against klitchko .but you wont get no joy on here mate .they all hate tyson ,thats why we just let em get on with the slagging him of .tyson was caught out showboating against cunningham a very good two time world champion .BUT guaranteed he wont do it again . hes going to beat haye very convincingly .In much the same manner has he beat rogan and cunningham .once the fight starts to warm up .hayes true colours will shine thru just like they did with klitchko .

• Like 2

c'mon, your havin a laff, hayes fights at heavyweight have been a joke, he ran for 12 rounds in the fight with the giant, didnt deserve to win, an over the hill john ruiz , another black guy, cant remember his name, he was shot, the klitchko farce, audley :laugh: and a decent win over chisora. u lot on here said he would beat the so called robot klitchko, cos u fell for the hype.

the best post on here newsboy :thumbs: .hayes beaten nobody ,valuev was at least ninety .ruiz was well and truly over .audley doesnt count .the chisawra fiasco was a fix from the start of the so called brawl at the after fight press conference .he ran like a girl all night against klitchko .but you wont get no joy on here mate .they all hate tyson ,thats why we just let em get on with the slagging him of .tyson was caught out showboating against cunningham a very good two time world champion .BUT guaranteed he wont do it again . hes going to beat haye very convincingly .In much the same manner has he beat rogan and cunningham .once the fight starts to warm up .hayes true colours will shine thru just like they did with klitchko .

i did tell this lot about david price aswell, they wouldnt have it, he ended up in a heap to average fighter :laugh:

i did tell this lot about david price aswell, they wouldnt have it, he ended up in a heap to average fighter :laugh:

well hes fighting him again so lets see what happens im sure it will be a different story :yes: