Goldfich Cock Wanted

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go Pete this should get your juices flowing..    

Redstarts,Black redstarts,meadow pipets,black cap are all some of the birds birds owned and bred by folk i've met OP and you should have a look on some of the bird keeping forums as i know captive is

I thought you where saying it was under the sole pad when you moved it..

Posted Images

You would be surprised boots striped a scaffold yesterday moved the sole pads and there was a little nest under it (5 pale blue eggs a little bit smaller than a canary egg) I couldn't believe it so I put the pad back down where it was so hopefully thay will hatch off

You would be surprised boots striped a scaffold yesterday moved the sole pads and there was a little nest under it (5 pale blue eggs a little bit smaller than a canary egg) I couldn't believe it so I put the pad back down where it was so hopefully thay will hatch off

That will be a dunnock i susspect..but it sound like a funny spot for one of them..

That will be a dunnock i susspect..but it sound like a funny spot for one of them..
I was thinking the same millet but it was in a field with about 2 ft of cover under the scaff

Well pete, i thought it was a bullfinch at first mate tbh from a distance...as there are some around here, but on closer inspection i saw what i thought was the cockbird carrying a faecal sack, but got the bino's out and saw it was a white brow stripe, migrate to africa apparently pete.so my book tells me, never had one nest here before, i have nest boxes all over the garden but never seen one of them mate.

I was thinking the same millet but it was in a field with about 2 ft of cover under the scaff

I thought you where saying it was under the sole pad when you moved it.. :D

• Like 1

What sort of box is she using, Boots? I've had a lad enquiring about the best sort for them. I didn't have a clue. Not something we ever see around here. I'm taking a wild stab that you're in Wales?

Oh god. How I envy you Redstarts! And nesting in your box? F**k! I'll have to console myself with the hope that our Wheatears will return this year. God, to get amongst Them! :icon_eek: Can you imagine; Holding a male Wheatear in ye hand???? Trouser trouble! :laugh:

:laugh:

post-896-0-02871500-1370782112_thumb.jpg