Pulsar N550

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 moxy

moxy

the last hope mod

• 8,829 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:23 pm

cheers moxy i know fek all about this didgi sight i was told it was just a set zoom but thats a bonus that pal i am thinking of getting a doubler for it if i can find one cheap enough as i am a tight arse and try and find a good recording device for it

They call it a lens focus but its pretty much the same, ok you cant zoom right up but you get the idea.

http://www.pulsarn55...user_manual.pdf

I am awaiting delivery of a DVR, the one i have coming is the archos dvr700. Its a little overkill on the size of the screen but the price was right

#17 apollo

apollo

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:23 pm

this one again with the standard 940ir......

th_TVREC034_zps594771fa.jpg

• moxy likes this

#18 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:24 pm

cheers pal that one looks better than the other ones i have seen i may buy this as soon as my 550 arives  do you get all leads and other stuff with it

#19 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:29 pm

cheers moxy i know fek all about this didgi sight i was told it was just a set zoom but thats a bonus that pal i am thinking of getting a doubler for it if i can find one cheap enough as i am a tight arse and try and find a good recording device for it

They call it a lens focus but its pretty much the same, ok you cant zoom right up but you get the idea.

I am awaiting delivery of a DVR, the one i have coming is the archos dvr700. Its a little overkill on the size of the screen but the price was right

what price is the archos mate

#20 moxy

moxy

the last hope mod

• 8,829 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:36 pm

what price is the archos mate

I gave forty five nicker posted. Cheap as chips.

Have a look on the bay and weigh them up.

Others have sugested an angel eye dvr, and those suggestions have come from a few people on diferent sites so they cant be that bad. Fairly cheap too, but with not having tested or had anything to compare to i cant honestly reccomend anything.

Apollo's footage looks good :thumbs:

#21 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:40 pm

i was looking at the angel eye the footage i saw looked a bit jumpy i will check ot the archos see what they are like cheers pal

#22 moxy

moxy

the last hope mod

• 8,829 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:41 pm

:thumbs:

#23 The greenkeeper

The greenkeeper

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:49 pm

The 550 is a great bit of kit. Its ok as a day scope but it certainly would not be my first choice.
Come night and its a diferent matter. Its a good clear image, i have never suffered with it being grainy and i can see a couple of hundred yards with the built in ir. but the 940 does make a diference.
I cant fault the image one bit.
There are a couple of niggles i have, one is the height of the unit. Its not a comfortable prone shooting position, unless you have a neck like an ostrich. You may find you need to pack up your cheek piece. Not over bad but you do notice.
The other is the manual dial zoom. I think its located in an awkward position.
Superb for the money though.

nice info thanks mate

#24 moxy

moxy

the last hope mod

• 8,829 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:52 pm

The 550 is a great bit of kit. Its ok as a day scope but it certainly would not be my first choice.
Come night and its a diferent matter. Its a good clear image, i have never suffered with it being grainy and i can see a couple of hundred yards with the built in ir. but the 940 does make a diference.
I cant fault the image one bit.
There are a couple of niggles i have, one is the height of the unit. Its not a comfortable prone shooting position, unless you have a neck like an ostrich. You may find you need to pack up your cheek piece. Not over bad but you do notice.
The other is the manual dial zoom. I think its located in an awkward position.
Superb for the money though.

nice info thanks mate

No bother superman :laugh:

#25 Buster321c

Buster321c

Mr ZZ Top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:41 pm

As Moxy rightly says the height is the only issue that will bother any user . I must admit they are a great bit of kit , mine had the Sony lens and coupled with the L808 laser really took some beating . As far as the Photon , i think Stock and Tackle have confirmed they will be in within a month ?

Edited by Buster321c, 10 June 2013 - 10:41 pm.

#26 villaman

villaman

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:45 pm

Pictures with the aqn

i was looking at the angel eye the footage i saw looked a bit jumpy i will check ot the archos see what they are like cheers pal

The Angle eye footage is not jumpy  its down to the shooter,if you shoot of a bipod or on a fence or gate post then it more steady same as a camera

#27 the big chief

the big chief

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 11,144 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:02 am

Pictures with the aqn

The Angle eye footage is not jumpy  its down to the shooter,if you shoot of a bipod or on a fence or gate post then it more steady same as a camera

it was my lap top making it like it go jumpy it did it on loads watching youtube yesterday villaman need to get a new one i think  its f****d lol

#28 dogvixen01

dogvixen01

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:11 pm

if you want a cheap ir for this unit there is a man on here weebster selling ir torches which are great with mine for £ 45 posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users