looks like you have given up on the photon then gaffer I don't blame you all that fecking about on a gamble that they would even be up to the job..... good luck on your search bud if I see anything on my travels I will give shout .... at least the pulsar is tried n tested I think your going the right way :thumbs:

I'm in the same boat gaf sold me nv add-on on the understanding of these photon scopes being released then released then released again :( thinking of getting one of these 550's but are they any good I've read good and bad one thing in particular was the picture is very grainy? Any info before I decide much appreciated

The 550 is a great bit of kit. Its ok as a day scope but it certainly would not be my first choice.

Come night and its a diferent matter. Its a good clear image, i have never suffered with it being grainy and i can see a couple of hundred yards with the built in ir. but the 940 does make a diference.

I cant fault the image one bit.

There are a couple of niggles i have, one is the height of the unit. Its not a comfortable prone shooting position, unless you have a neck like an ostrich. You may find you need to pack up your cheek piece. Not over bad but you do notice.

The other is the manual dial zoom. I think its located in an awkward position.

Superb for the money though.

The 550 is a great bit of kit. Its ok as a day scope but it certainly would not be my first choice.

Come night and its a diferent matter. Its a good clear image, i have never suffered with it being grainy and i can see a couple of hundred yards with the built in ir. but the 940 does make a diference.

I cant fault the image one bit.

There are a couple of niggles i have, one is the height of the unit. Its not a comfortable prone shooting position, unless you have a neck like an ostrich. You may find you need to pack up your cheek piece. Not over bad but you do notice.

The other is the manual dial zoom. I think its located in an awkward position.

Superb for the money though.

i didn't think the had a zoom moxy ?

Yes its got a zoom. I havent done much long range shooting with mine yet, mainly close ratting but you find yourself altering it as your wandering about.

You can also get a doubler lens to increase the viewing range.

i use one of these, it does the job and uses a micro sd card or built in memory..

use the best ir you can afford, i have just bought a night master 800..and the picture quality has doubled

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JXD-990-Portable-4-3-8GB-RMVB-MP4-RM-PMP-Player-AV-IN-OUT-new-150g-only-/281117348429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173e6524d

Edited by apollo