The Springer Revoloution

At the end of the day it yet again all boils down to personal choice!

I personally love shooting a spring rifle, Ive been using them since the age of 8 when I didnt know PCP's existed. It takes some skill & thought to shoot a spring rifle compared to a PCP and its been proven 100's of times that if you put the time and effort into ANYTHING then the dividends will pay off no matter what it is.

ANYONE can be as good a shot as Si, Davy or myself or anyone else that people hold in high regard by simply putting in the practice and doing your homework. It doesnt come overnight!

One more thing to remember is that we're NOT PERFECT!..... We still fluff up the shots and choose not to hide them, this is the real world ans shit happens, we deal with it and move on!

Now instead of us all being keyboard warriors lets get out there, put some practice in, refine our craft then come back in and show others how we've improved!

Darryl

• Like 6

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good reply`s guys .To be fair im a little let down by some the comments ive recieved , as i feel its being taken the wrong way .The sly snipes people have aimed towards me are like water off a du

Im just sat here , having just charged my guns , MFR .20 , and Airwolf .177 , for a trip out tommorow , and im thinking do i need a spring gun ?     We started many years ago with a springer , my l

At the end of the day it yet again all boils down to personal choice!   I personally love shooting a spring rifle, Ive been using them since the age of 8 when I didnt know PCP's existed. It takes so

Posted Images

Thanks Archie bud.

Your a gent.

Si.

I don't think "gent" was the word on your lips 10 minutes ago............. :D

Lol id give you a smiley but dont know how on my phone.

Cant you see the call of the vibrating barrel is attracting Craig :-)

I bet hes really on his permission with his old springer that hes just fished out the loft.

• Like 1

Springers make you work for it, you have to actually know how to shoot and the principles of shooting to master a springer

now im not saying that pcp shooters are less accurate or blah blah anything else, im just saying I get more enjoyment out of shooting my springer because it makes me work harder :thumbs: and the fact they recoil just makes me feel like im shooting my fac rifles so im used to it

Not taking anything away from the pcps but the challenge of shooting them isnt as great as shooting a springer

ATB

Adam

Nice to hear from you again Adam, long time hope you have been ok.

Springers make you work for it, you have to actually know how to shoot and the principles of shooting to master a springer

now im not saying that pcp shooters are less accurate or blah blah anything else, im just saying I get more enjoyment out of shooting my springer because it makes me work harder :thumbs: and the fact they recoil just makes me feel like im shooting my fac rifles so im used to it

Not taking anything away from the pcps but the challenge of shooting them isnt as great as shooting a springer

ATB

Adam

Nice to hear from you again Adam, long time hope you have been ok.

Good to be back Rog, yes all is well mate & hope all is well with you

Howd it go with your risk assessment for shooting?

ATB

Adam

for my first time round shooting airguns it was always springers that's all there pretty much was. I started shooting around the age of 9 with a relum tornado and finished shooting in my 20s with a fantastic tyrolean stocked hw77k at this point I feel I had pretty much mastered the airgun if I say so my self I was fecking good with that 77 but then my intrests changed to dogs so I packed up the shooting .im now 40 the dogs have gone and have been back in the shooting a couple of years and now on my 3rd pcp. I have yet to reach the level I did with the 77k that being said my latest rifle the rapid mk2 is going to be a contender it just feels right like the old 77 did ive not had it long so time will tell .

kanny

• Like 1

I for one will carry the flag for the PCP brigade, quiet and deadly accurate when mastered.Springers to, are just as good albeit the last one I fired was not dissimilar to firing a clay trap.When I go out in the field I don't want calculations, loading single pellets with Gorilla fingers or constantly cocking the barrel, I want to aim, shoot ,kill, ...job done.Its all personal preference but since Hinge and Bracket have shown what can be achieved with a SFS tuned Springer, the Pied Piper affect has produced a healthy following and I would imagine a healthy bit of business for our Tony Wall.Whatever you choose, just enjoy it and post about it.

New members Welcome.........................attachicon.gifthl springer club.jpg

............. :thumbs:

Who's who in the pic Arch? Just leg pulling before anyone ends up needing a manicure :laugh:

Springer till I die. Seriously. I've no other experience in air rifle shooting and they never let me down. They are beatifully simple, uncomplicated devices and will return what you put into them with accuracy in spades . And you can keep them cocked as long as you like. They don't lose power as some people think. If the spring finally packs in, just get a new one fitted. Pcp's are great for accurate shooting stfaight off but they will not turn you into a marksman without a study of what makes for ccurate shooting in the first place. . Maybe I am old fashioned but each to what he likes and suits him in the end!

But at least a start with a spring rifle will at least instill an appreciation for accurate shooting and what is possible to accomplish with an air rifle.

Simon

Springer till I die. Seriously. I've no other experience in air rifle shooting and they never let me down. They are beatifully simple, uncomplicated devices and will return what you put into them with accuracy in spades . And you can keep them cocked as long as you like. They don't lose power as some people think. If the spring finally packs in, just get a new one fitted. Pcp's are great for accurate shooting stfaight off but they will not turn you into a marksman without a study of what makes for ccurate shooting in the first place. . Maybe I am old fashioned but each to what he likes and suits him in the end!

But at least a start with a spring rifle will at least instill an appreciation for accurate shooting and what is possible to accomplish with an air rifle.

Simon

Love both!

Like with .22 and.177, I love having and using both. I was generously given my HW77k tuned in the late 80's by Venom, now VMach and that got me back in to Air guns, a year or so later, I was offered a AA S410 and having followed the exploits of members on here with PCPs, bought it and thought it was amazing!

A year later I sent it off for a service and whilst it was away, out came the HW77 and I couldn't believe the feeling of 'soul' in the gun.

Bought an S10 as it was a good price and loved it, bought a HW100 and thought it was great but not what I had expected, bought an R10 and loved it, dropped the HW100, had both the R10 and now S10 tuned by XTX and Rancid Tom respectively.

All the while, I was and am still taking the HW77k out every week or so. As Pianoman says, quality springers rarely go wrong and have a certain something that adds to the experience.

Sitting on the fence, I know, but really wouldn't want to be without either my HW77 or my R10.