Bored

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be good if eventually that happened but it's getting the right breeders who no what they are doing and not some numpty after a quick pound. And breeding from the right birds

I hope to get a video of a stoop on a grouse from a hugh pitch come August:)

Reading this thread getting me very itchy boys!

more than likely, another option im thinking of is that a company offers hunting experiences for parties hunting rabbits in the dales with harris hawks. maybe asking the bloke to pay to hunt on his land with our birds as opposed to his. as a falconer he would have more of an understanding and i bet he would like to meet a few falconers. i will look into it

bollocks to paying anyone if its pest control, let em do it themselves,I would only pay for grouse moor use, any other hunting I can get elsewhere for free , always someone whom will let you on its getting out and asking imho

If I found a keeper running a big beat who could guarantee me as much mixed hawking as I wanted day and night I'd happily pay.

I don't know what something like that would cost but its worth a grand easy. I have taken rabbits round the doors but have always been willing to travel for the sane amount on the dales. I might set myself targets numbers wise but the type of land and the circumstances around which a rabbit is caught do matter to me.

I love the Reed covered dales, I had been going to good ferreting and lamping spots in North Yorkshire, numbers land, but when I got to know lads who were hunted over big areas of rush and heather I knew I'd hit the jackpot. As someone who likes to see pointers out working I need to be able to go onto that terrain. I can with the dogs as I have mates with loads if permission up there but I don't know if the keepers will allow hawks. I rang a good friend of mine an hour ago and we are going to go and find out before the season starts so fingers crossed.

Edited by pointer

ive emailed the bloke who runs the company just to enquire if it would be possible for a THL meet on his land. out of interest how many of you would be willing to chip in the costs for the meet, remember we will only be hunting the rabbits if it does happen.

and its in the yorkshire dales so travel costs need to be considered

just post saying you would if you would like to take part

bollocks to paying anyone if its pest control, let em do it themselves,I would only pay for grouse moor use, any other hunting I can get elsewhere for free , always someone whom will let you on its getting out and asking imho

im on about a moor, its for a field meet as it will be hard finding a landowner who will allow us all on his land.

ive sent an email to a bloke who offers hunting with his hawks on the yorkshire dales to see if we can have a THL meet on his land so we will have to pay for a day as its not pest control

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

so again if you would be willing to chip in the costs for a days rabbiting on the yorkshire dales with your hawk with other members from the forum just say yes. like i said ive only enquired in an email but its just in case its a possibility and he would like to know the numbers of members coming

remember nothing has been confirmed but they operate from kettlewell

and i dont know prices yet . if its overpriced then the meet wont be goin ahead, im just enquiring for now as theres no way any of my permission owners would allow a meet up.

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

just waiting for a reply hopefully it wont be too expensive and he will realise he will receive alot of publicity through the forum and its members. worst case scenario is he wants to charge per person like he does his hunting experiences then it will get pretty costly i imagine. if not im going to keep my eyes open for somewhere else we could hold a THL meet

great news the blokes got back in touch and has said that we are welcome to have a field meet on his land. as ive already said the land is his own in which he makes a living offering hunting trips with harris hawks and we are taking a pottential booked hunting trip day so the bloke will want paying. hes offered a large mass of land to hunt rabbits over. im just talking prices with him. so again anybody who is interested in a THL falconry meet in north yorkshire please let me know