Bored

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be good if eventually that happened but it's getting the right breeders who no what they are doing and not some numpty after a quick pound. And breeding from the right birds

I hope to get a video of a stoop on a grouse from a hugh pitch come August:)

Reading this thread getting me very itchy boys!

I think I'll get a lot more done if I take someone with me to do the lamping or help with ferrets.I don't know any other bop owners except Arcticgun and we can't always be out together due to different working hours and he has a pack of dogs to work as well plus a falcon.

I might do.

I do have mates who will help out and i will rely on them inviting me out onto their good permissions and Arctic is getting another Harris.I feel that if I find another local enthusiast that either just wanted to help with mine or fly his own separately or as a cast then I'd get more done. By sharing permission and helping to knock for more plus sharing fuel costs and even the driving a lot of hunting could be achieved.

Ideally someone who can also put the time in,plenty want to go out in the better weather and early season when there's loads of bunnies about, that's not much help its every day possible all season long................anything less and I think it's best to say away from working animals of any kind.Im not bothered about catching all the time and I don't mind blanking but it has to be something even if its just an opportunist mooch for an hour.

I plan on seeing a few keepers at the beginning of the season to see if they will let me onto bits of land, some even see harris's as a danger to their grouse.The land I worked lurchers on would be a dream, hundreds of acres of reedy dales and some heather, when there's rabbits there i cant think of anywhere better.