Bored

its time like thios I miss having a hardy harris about , hassle free hunting just a quick mooch out with dogs and away ya go , have you flwon them as a cast before mate? thsi is somethign Id like to do in the future,

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be good if eventually that happened but it's getting the right breeders who no what they are doing and not some numpty after a quick pound. And breeding from the right birds

I hope to get a video of a stoop on a grouse from a hugh pitch come August:)

Reading this thread getting me very itchy boys!

I fly my breeding pair as a cast every season both follow on like dogs and hunt hare very well as a team! all my Harris hawks are crèche reared not a great lover of pr but that's just me:) might have a couple of hare days for you in the season would love to see it

• Like 1

its time like thios I miss having a hardy harris about , hassle free hunting just a quick mooch out with dogs and away ya go , have you flwon them as a cast before mate? thsi is somethign Id like to do in the future,

i did take mine out with another members from here and a mates harris, so 2 males 1 female but the other male was really nervous as mine was flying around making this funny noise so we didn't bother, the lads harris had already been attacked before by the female as they were walking on the fist the female grabbed the males wing so he didnt want to risk it

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

thanks for that crowhawker, am game to travel anywhere to show him fly, more hares he sees the betetr, I got some very good invites lined up for him thsi year, am prayng he stays wed to em, it be another year or so before I can ne in position to take on a female, being that she will be somewhat bigger Im assume the results will be better, but somtimes its size of heart more thna the physical size of the bird that counts eh?

regarding kestral on lure, simple pleasures in life spring to mind, Im not one for keepign animals unless you can do something wth them , usually hunting in my case but since onwing falcons I have found an addiction to using the lure, it really is an expirience in itself almost enough reason to keep a falcon by itself imho, his skils grew far faster than myown did and in the end he was simply taking the lure at will lol plenty of practise and I could soon learned to him the odd curve ball lol

turned out to be a decent thread this, downside its got me even more bored at the realization i wont be out for another few months yet :no: and you two have really made me want to fly a falcon now, its all i can think about, you b*****ds ha

regarding kestral on lure, simple pleasures in life spring to mind, Im not one for keepign animals unless you can do something wth them , usually hunting in my case but since onwing falcons I have found an addiction to using the lure, it really is an expirience in itself almost enough reason to keep a falcon by itself imho, his skils grew far faster than myown did and in the end he was simply taking the lure at will lol plenty of practise and I could soon learned to him the odd curve ball lol

Yes i wouldn't keep a bird to look at she's very good on the lure.its a challenge for me to be quicker than her and it's quite a task when she's fit.

turned out to be a decent thread this, downside its got me even more bored at the realization i wont be out for another few months yet :no: and you two have really made me want to fly a falcon now, its all i can think about, you b*****ds ha

Flying falcons is great!

it took me a while to convince myself to get a falcon, you read so much stuff tellign you iots for the chosen few, yet so many bred every year? go figure, way I see it is all falcons have certain traits that help them sucessfully hunt certain types of quarry, well to me the hybrids man made and its up to us to try em on all sorts of stuff, think outside the box a little, see what comes up, beats the arse off sitting in a chamber breeding more birds to sit in chambers, better they out on wing doing something imho

• Like 1

ive took no convincing ha you two sold it to me, ive got loads of birds on the to fly list, i will have this harris till he passes put way too much time and effort into him to sell him on for another bird like many do. couldnt bare the thought of someone having him and me not knowing how he is being treated. but the next bird for me is going be a gos, it was then gonna be a female red for hares but now thats going to go on hold for a falcon, pere/saker most probably

dont get me wrong i love hunting my harris, every minute of it infact, and i will never regret buying him. but when your walking along and a partridge or pheasant rises just feet away from you, i kick myself for having the wrong bird for the job on my glove. the gos is just so versatile.