T.h.l Air Gun Section Annual Meet,july 12,13,14 2013

Bloody great weekend, and I think the unsung heroes of the weekend were rog for keeping the games in order and like a true mad dog englishman staying out in the midday sun all day saturday in order to judge them, what a star.

Secondly,a massive thanks to ann for her sterling service behind the scenes in the kitchen all weekend and her ability to make a proper cup of yorkshire tea under pressure.

Finally darryl for his excellent curry and stepping up to the plate as it were in time to save the breakfast this morning, thanks guys for all your help, youre all top folk.

And to everyone who attended, you were great, loads of fun, booze and banter, what a great fun scorcher of a weekend.

Chewers as usual to davy and chas for sorting the whole thing out in the first place, a pair of heroes, so you are.

Finally, big thanks to tony, you know why you generous bugger!

Cheers all, wurz

I knew I'd forget someone, but I was cream crackered when I wrote it... I meant to include si in that lot, for keeping everything going all weekend and producing a unique art sculpture to shoot at...

• Like 4

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great weekend, and met some great people! having spent so much time dealing with lambing, and then the shearing, a weekend rolling around in a field full of sheep sh#t was just the type of R and R I n

As above Cheers to the Members of the Airgun THL Section who attended the Meet, It's what makes these Meets Great Superb again Davy, Chaz, Si, and the New Smooth talking Camp Cook Wurz for Making th

Back home, had a cracking weekend....well done to those that attended For those of you interested the Panther is repaired, no lasting damage.....   Here's to the next one...hopefully I'll be able

Posted Images

Any photos from anyone yet???

Darryl

Darryl I know I only took about two photo's and a few video clips. I know that both Davy and Si wanted to have just a relaxed meet and not have to worry about filming. And what happened with your gun?

Quick release on the sling came loose after 9 pegs and ended up banging off the floor barrel first, separating the action from the stock and breaking the eye bell on my viper connect.

This is where I disagree with the rules about barrel down..... If it had been butt down it would have bounced on the butt pad.......

All is good now though, no lasting damage to the rifle.

Might need to glue the eyeball in place though :(

i have some ,i will post them later!

Good stuff mate!!!

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

Darryl, I was thinking about gun butt up or down earlier after your mishap. I was always taught muzzles up, as you said. But a gun dropped on the butt may cause an accidental discharge which brings with it a greater safety risk.

They are not called quick detach clips for no reason. Glad you got it sorted though

Hi every one

Well what a great week end! Weather was great, shooting was great, in house comps were great, and a great venue to boot! It was also nice to meet new faces, and meet old friends too. :thumbs:

Firstly I would like to thank Ray Ross AKA Raygun,for helping out in our hour in need!

Without his help and support for our meet, it would not have happened, so thank you Ray. :thumbs:

I would also like to thanks all the members who came along and joined in the fun.
and managed to raise around £500 for the Stevenage scouts shooting club. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Many thanks to

http://www.sandwellfieldsports.co.uk/,

http://www.chweston.co.uk/,

http://www.saddleryandgunroom.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuntersVermin/featured

Roger Crook, bigmac 97kt,wurz,Aaron & Gary.

For the raffle prizes.

Also thanks to chaz, Si, for their support in organising this meet, thanks you guys! :thumbs:

Thanks to Anne,Wurz,Darryll for the cooking and the breakfast, and the general tidying up ! :thumbs:

Thanks to Neil for the wood for the camp fire, thanks to all those who helped clear up at the end of the event! :thumbs:

And thanks to Adam, Darryl, Rommel, & Chris for making sure other members made it as well, thanks guys. :thumbs:

And a special thanks to Roger crook for sitting out in the midday sun, most of the day!

As the air rifle darts Referee. :thumbs:

And thank you to Si for taking care of the challenges throughout the day! :thumbs:

If I have forgotten any one then I am sorry, and take this time to thank you now!!

• Like 4

Sorry we couldn't hang around for the results, awards and cleaning up bud :oops:

You know what women are like :rolleyes: Chris got me back here with half hour to spare, so I reckon he had about 10 minutes before his missus was at the gate with a 12 guage wanting her car back! That's assuming he didn't get held up at the railway crossing here at the edge of civilisation.

Actually, He must have made it back in time as he was on FB earlier intead of the morgue LOL

Bang up a thread with the results for me bud :thumbs:

Reet I'm shutting down and off back to bed again.

Oh and Thanks Davy :thumbs: hic

Tony

Anybody picked up some green plastic pudding bowls or mugs as I've lost a couple of them![/

Try Brendan, he came home with a load of cups! Pointless asking anyone called Si though!

Regards,

Simon

Its the taking part that counts mate.

And if you would of stopped longer to the end you would of seen i did get a cup for second place in the recoiling HFT class and a certificate for 1st in the slingshot challenge, so up yours :-)

Thanks to everyone that attended and well done to Davy and Charlie for all their hard work organising the event.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 3

It's not if we let the train take the strain bud :thumbs:
Just not at the Old Downs place though pleeeeeaaaazzzeeeeeeee! Load, horn..... Discharge, horn..... reload.... horn, discharge, horn, reload, just get a bead and the f***ing horn goes again!!! :wallbash:

If this one had been there we'd still be on our way back tomorrow!

Opposite Moonlight Vally on the otherhand :victory: