New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Opening meeting, two badgers. The female hadn't any young this season.
The tunnel is rebuilted with some roof tiles.
Enzo

Blaise, Pouvez vous faire un devis pour le toit a ma maison sil tout plait? :boogy:

just curious when u say badger was too smart.was it that the dog could not bottle game up or was it when you were digging down their was a shift.or did the bitch just lose game.looks like a really nice place yee were digging.

just curious when u say badger was too smart.was it that the dog could not bottle game up or was it when you were digging down their was a shift.or did the bitch just lose game.looks like a really nice place yee were digging.

Badger resisted to the bitch in narrow angles or little crosses. We dug three times. When we're arrived top to the dog, badger moved to another narrow angle. This badger was aggressive. My bitch worked during 4h30 near the animal. I retrieved her on the last hole when we broke exactly beetween dog and badger.
In this area, most of the hunters hunt big games with little dogs (teckels, jack russell, jagd...). Often, these dogs are chasing badgers. Badgers are very clever with dogs, they've learned how to manage dogs.
  • Like 3

Thanks for a great thread Blaise :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: .

Just out of interest, if , in France you were caught digging badgers out of season would you be punished by law ?

Has anyone ever been caught ?

Yes of course, digging badger when season's closed is forbidden. You can be prosecuted. Pay a fine and withdrawal of hunting license.
Some have been caught.
I remember a young master, he was beginning. He'd been asked for digging foxes in march. During the dig, they found a badger. The farmer wanted to kill it, they did it.
Infortunately, they were under surveillance. The next day, some rural police came to dig in the same place in order to control. Badger had been found. This young master will never ever hunt.

Just out of interest, if , in France you were caught digging badgers out of season would you be punished by law ?

Yes of course, digging badger when season's closed is forbidden. You can be prosecuted. Pay a fine and withdrawal of hunting license.
Some have been caught.
I remember a young master, he was beginning. He'd been asked for digging foxes in march. During the dig, they found a badger. The farmer wanted to kill it, they did it.
Infortunately, they were under surveillance. The next day, some rural police came to dig in the same place in order to control. Badger had been found. This young master will never ever hunt.

Some have been caught.
Thanks for the reply Blaise, quiet a severe punishment so.
  • Like 1

Badger resisted to the bitch in narrow angles or little crosses. We dug three times. When we're arrived top to the dog, badger moved to another narrow angle. This badger was aggressive. My bitch worked during 4h30 near the animal. I retrieved her on the last hole when we broke exactly beetween dog and badger.
In this area, most of the hunters hunt big games with little dogs (teckels, jack russell, jagd...). Often, these dogs are chasing badgers. Badgers are very clever with dogs, they've learned how to manage do

In this area, most of the hunters hunt big games with little dogs (teckels, jack russell, jagd...). Often, these dogs are chasing badgers. Badgers are very clever with dogs, they've learned how to manage dogs.

cheers for the reply. it happens in big setts from time to time. thanks again.always good to read ur posts.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Morning, we dug twice in the crop for farmers. four badgers.
post-80985-0-57298000-1496738315_thumb.jpg
Afternoon, we dug in a hangar. There was straw balls for a long time, badgers found a sweet home.
Two females and five youngs.
We have no tuberculosis in this area.

post-80985-0-28686200-1496737656_thumb.jpg

• Like 6