New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Some nasty looking stone there Blaise.

Personally I like shaley / stoney ground. I can understand that back in the day of bar only locating it was hated but with locators today I find you can shift a couple of feet quickly with your hands. And in my neck of the woods Foxes love getting into shale.

If you dig into it sensibly it shouldn't collapse.

• Like 1
On 30/4/2018 at 16:49, neil cooney said:

Personally I like shaley / stoney ground. I can understand that back in the day of bar only locating it was hated but with locators today I find you can shift a couple of feet quickly with your hands. And in my neck of the woods Foxes love getting into shale.

If you dig into it sensibly it shouldn't collapse.

Depends on how stoney it is, that picture looks ok if you have the tools. Once had a dig up in the lakes in stoney ground that was 2m deep, though handy enough, Roundmouth was useless and So was the sharptooth, The dig ended up being very wide due to all the rocks intertwining and having to restart and widen the dig from the top to remove a stone covering the bottom of the dig. Nothing worse imo and wasn’t enjoyable. Very tightly packed and plenty of small stones that were hard work to remove.

• Like 1

The heart of the Beaufort is all  exactly like that though it's called brash here .More dence the deeper you dig and tightly packed to almost need a kango.Got a pick of me ,Rommo and 'Arthur ' in a dig near knockdown quarry at 14 ft .Whatever happened to it I don't know or both those lads come to think of it .Good times. 

3 hours ago, Apache... said:

Never seen a long bar with an axe head welded to it, looks like it could make short work of thick roots near the trunk, must get one made up.

I've seen one and the first thing I thought was that a folding saw that fits in my pocket would do the same job.