Blaise

New Season In France

Good luck this season mate, look forward to reading about some of your days out :thumbs:

• Like 2

What way do the Russell's work. Are they sounders or do they mix it

• Like 1

good stuff blaise.keep pics coming.quick q does nobody go digging on their own or smaller groups.i take it youve plenty of permission.atb

i like that "Sometimes, some jack try to struggle with the badger. I don't like it because generally badger is the first winner and the vet the second winner" :)

• Like 4

i like that "Sometimes, some jack try to struggle with the badger. I don't like it because generally badger is the first winner and the vet the second winner" :)

Like it too Glyn,also like the fact that they are allowed to dig the stuff legally instead of been confined to just fox.

• Like 1

Yes i go to hunt with my two sons today. We'll hunt this morning with another crew named Rallye Poil Dur. They work with teckels (poil dur = rough hair).

Go on, have a good time.
  • Like 1

What way do the Russell's work. Are they sounders or do they mix it

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ?

If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this season without any serious injury). Her weight 4,5 kg, so she can't be fighting directly with the badger for a long time. She hunts the badger very close, few centimetres and she barks.

Sometimes, some jack try to struggle with the badger. I don't like it because generally badger is the first winner and the vet the second winner.

Well said Blaise, keep us updated.

A nice day for hunting, two badgers have been catched on two different places. Easy to dig out, in the forest.

69736754.jpg
  • Like 13