Restoring A Rather Negelcted Hw80

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks. I bought this a couple of weeks ago from a member for the princely sum of 75 quid. Its def seen better times but it has a spare barrel with it which i've stored away for another project a

Seriously folks all these fantastic, generous and kind comments is the icing on the cake. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart I'm humbled by these words as i know how much people here put in

i feel a group hug coming on

dude what a transformation .name and shame the last owner lol

how do you apply the gun blue as it always goes brown and crappy when i try it

Cheers Webster.

Just do it exactly as per the instructions mate.

I use the Birchwood paste and only leave it on for about a minute tops, no more.

A quick wash of in the sink when the wifes out :thumbs: and dry of with a towel and another coat. I probably put about 15 coats on in all.

A good chilled out job in the kitchen.

Hey thanks guys, thats a buge compliment from you Darryl as i've seen how good your guns come out mate.

Totally agree about shooting them after all the works done, nothing better.

I've put in 10 mm spacers in the butt to make up for the stock being cut down and made the mistake of using hdpe plastic.

A total pig to put any kind of finish on the face of the spacers, goes all dull and not very good, can't win them all so i'll need to find a better replacement.

Off to shoot some targets tonight with my new baby.

Atb

Chris.

Cheers guys, its a fair bit of work but to be honest its an absolute obssesion of mines and 100% enjoyment.

Its like when you set up targets and chomp through pellets, the hours just disappear

Even if i'm knackered after work and i can't be bothered doing anything i find myself making excuses to disappear into the man cave to fettle and conjure up anything air rifle related.

I am happy with the way it turned out bud ta.

I went out and shot a load at targets tonight and was very happy with the groups whilst shooting prone, bench top was a disaster as i wasn't being consistent and i pulled a load of shots (started thinking the scope was effed or moving but no it was pilot error)

Looking forward to the next refurb.

Atb

Chris.

Even if i'm knackered after work and i can't be bothered doing anything i find myself making excuses to disappear into the man cave to fettle and conjure up anything air rifle related.

Looking forward to the next refurb.

Atb

Chris.

A man after my own heart....

I am too mate, what you got planned next??

Darryl

• Like 1

Nice one mate, good to get away from the drudgery of work and do somit positive.

Not sure whats next, stuck a wanted ad in here for anything Weihrauch or Airarms thats been through the mill (total wreck), the rustier and tattier the better, so long as its cheap and something i can salvage.

Got anything on the cards yourself Darryl?

Been watching your vids, real good going, alot of interesting stuff in there.

And what about your Panther its a bloody beautiful beast dude.

Started looking at them on Guntrader after watching the vid, I MUST RESIST!! :icon_eek::D

Atb mate.

C