Restoring A Rather Negelcted Hw80

Great job, I have owned 3 x Hw 80's and have to say they're 1 of the.. if not the greatest springers going and very user friendly / tinkerers delight...............

Thats come out very nice and given me something to think about doing as my brother has an old Webley vulcan .22 which he used a handful of times when they were new and all the rage but has sat for years in the bedroom cupboard, Time to persuade him to part with it i think..........

Deano :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks. I bought this a couple of weeks ago from a member for the princely sum of 75 quid. Its def seen better times but it has a spare barrel with it which i've stored away for another project a

Seriously folks all these fantastic, generous and kind comments is the icing on the cake. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart I'm humbled by these words as i know how much people here put in

i feel a group hug coming on

A once fine and accurate air rifle, restored from the depths of neglect and rot, to emerge as good as the day it was built. This is just magic. Pure magic. Just look at the care, patience and skillful know-how that goes into this kind of restoration.

Chris you know how much I am in long-held awe of your skills as a craftsman gunsmith but this has elevated my respect even higher. The fantastic thing about this forum, is that, it brings to light the kind of craftsmanship and skilled gunsmithing that is one of the finest arts of shooting. Chris here is just a superb master of the art.

It is a privilledge to know and see the application of skill such men possess, who work with their hands this way. :clapper:

• Like 1

What's emery mate? I'm currently having a go at restoring a single barrelled shot gun which hasn't seen the light of day for 16 years, the stocks in the process if being sanded and re varnished and I'm into the barrel, I have stuck to birchwood as well, how would you rate their products?

I concer with piano man it really is great to see

• Like 1

Awesome work mate, a really cracking job there and an interesting, informative post too. Thanks for bunging up the close up shots of the work progress too, as they really help the uninformed see exactly what youre talking about.

As to 80's with 98 barrels, imagine all the smoothness and accuracy of the standard barrels with none of the muzzle flip, oh yeah...

Cheers again,i really enjoy your posts.

• Like 1

Seriously folks all these fantastic, generous and kind comments is the icing on the cake.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart

I'm humbled by these words as i know how much people here put into their airgun shooting and fettling, more like a way of life than a hobby to yo all.

Never come across a bunch so keen on this noble sport and so generous with their compliments.

You inspire me and i can honestly say i would not have been doing this stuff if i hadn't found you folks tucked away here on THL.

Its the enthusiasm on this airgun site that fires my interest and gives me ideas and spurs each of us to keep it evolving along with our shooting and fettling.

All the best folks.

Chris.

P.S. I'll be wondering around the farm tonight with gun and lamp and a huge cheesy grin on my puss which i owe to you folks. :bye:

• Like 5

Seriously folks all these fantastic, generous and kind comments is the icing on the cake.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart

I'm humbled by these words as i know how much people here put into their airgun shooting and fettling, more like a way of life than a hobby to yo all.

Never come across a bunch so keen on this noble sport and so generous with their compliments.

You inspire me and i can honestly say i would not have been doing this stuff if i hadn't found you folks tucked away here on THL.

Its the enthusiasm on this airgun site that fires my interest and gives me ideas and spurs each of us to keep it evolving along with our shooting and fettling.

All the best folks.

Chris.

P.S. I'll be wondering around the farm tonight with gun and lamp and a huge cheesy grin on my puss which i owe to you folks. :bye:

i feel a group hug coming on :drinks:

• Like 4

I've just looked at the photos again and, when you look at the sheer neglect, filth and general shabby state of the metals, to be emeried, smoothed, cleaned and refinished before bluing and polishing, I'm just awe-struck! it just takes your breath away what all that craft and care has wrought forth, I'll never put cammo tape on a barrel that's for sure!

That Bushnell Legend scope is a fitting topping-out for her too. :thumbs:

I bet she shoots as smooth as a rifle can now, eh!

All the very best of shooting with it Chris, you deserve it with this beautiful job mate. :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 1

Not only does Thursodog do such fine work, the advice he has given me on my start to a shotgun build has been amazing,

I can't thank him and moxy enough for the help they are giving me with a very very neglected single barrel shotgun which has been tucked away for 16 years

Edited by Craig Fosse
  • Like 1

:thumbs: Cheers again dudes canna thank you guys enough.

Cheers Craig any time bud, just remember to get the gun checked by a pro gunsmith before you stick a cartridge in it.

Looking forward to the next installment of the restoration.

GROUP HUG DUDES :thumbs::laugh::boogy:

C

• Like 1