Rigging A Trammel Stop Net

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to make up a couple of trammel stop nets, so I made the square meshed outers yesterday. They are 12" square mesh by 4 meshes deep.     After setting up the lines, on the line that is furthe

Bloody camera !! batteries ran out. Anyway ill try and explain the way I rig trammels. If iam outside then I run a length of braided nylon along the fence, this line will hold the outer walls..  

See there is more than one way to skin a cat.   Seriously though, it does show that you can rig, make or set nets in your own way and the outcome will be the same in the end.   TC

That's a lovely looking pink net netrigger, it's nice when the net maker's personality comes through in the finish product :whistling:. Mr Goodcat :D.

Admit it Ya really want one!! there really popular down your way.. lol.

Your right mate they are very popular down my end... I'm the main supplier! Mr Goodcat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have used bill,s type of nets now for a few years and have had many thousands of rabbits in them, can honestly say , only had a couple bounce off , probably cos my mate didnt set them right ,lol , they a credit to a pro netsman, and still going strong

These are nice,, 4" inner by 25 meshes deep ...

002_zps38fbaca6.jpg

Plenty of pockets per Square..

006-31_zps1fd1cb17.jpg

Regards..

Don't you be adding floats and weights :D:whistling:

002_zps38fbaca6.jpg

006-31_zps1fd1cb17.jpg

Regards..

Funnily enough I have just finished rigging a couple of 30 yarders for a special job for a special Person :whistling: ...

4 1/2" inner by 50 meshes deep,, number 6 lead line with a 2oz float ..

:thumbs: ..........

002_zps38fbaca6.jpg

006-31_zps1fd1cb17.jpg

Regards..

002_zps38fbaca6.jpg

006-31_zps1fd1cb17.jpg

Regards..

Funnily enough I have just finished rigging a couple of 30 yarders for a special job for a special Person :whistling: ...

4 1/2" inner by 50 meshes deep,, number 6 lead line with a 2oz float ..

:thumbs: ..........

number 6 leadline must be fast water eh? :whistling::whistling: is that a dimont trammel or square one you made?

These nets are fished by two men, one on each end and slowly fished down stream, deadly for running fish or the residents . Just rig them like you would one of the above rabbit trammels with Floats/leadline and use netting with a good depth for the inner.

the squares favoured up here are 10" & 12" .

Regards.

These nets are fished by two men, one on each end and slowly fished down stream, deadly for running fish or the residents . Just rig them like you would one of the above rabbit trammels with Floats/leadline and use netting with a good depth for the inner.

the squares favoured up here are 10" & 12" .

Regards.

so just like my turbot trammels but with square mesh,at least you wont get net marks on your fish then eh lol