The Beddy X Whippet - The Greatest Dog In The World?

How's yours doing magwich,, he still a determined little fecker,, when I saw him run he was little more than a pup,,, but electic quick he was

He's still a very determined dog Tomo :laugh:............ old age is creeping up on him but he still give's 110%, I like animals that earn their keep and he does just that............not prefect by any means but he's a good catch dog.

How old is he now mate,,,? There's a sister to andys dog don ,,, mate of mine owners her,,, always thought he be nice over her,,,

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddy x greyhound 21"   beddy/greyhound x mike brown whippet 22" ( son of the above)   have worked beddy whippets, both halfers and three quarters but for me as someone else has mentioned th

They are clearly superlative freezer fillers, i've seen one on numerous occasions on a documentary about the yorkshire dales, my assumption is based on the fact that the dogs owner, a mr.greengrass wa

beddy gray first cross mates dog /   .

Posted Images

Guest edrd

I do wonder how it is possible to have such an abundance when it comes to good beddy/whipp and beddy/grey dogs, when everytime pure/ped beddy comes up everyone says there are just very few out there, and are extremely rare.

Are all these very hard to find pure dogs studs to the crosses that are being worked? How is it possible that the beddy whippet is such a good dog when there is such little good blood left to start with?

I'm a fan of small lurchers so not being sarcastic or anything, just a genuine question I've been asking myself.

Hybrid vigour usually compensates for the lack of quality in the parentage.

Edited by edrd

Phil ,, how did that bedy grey ,,,collie cross turn out,,, it was on an early vid you did,, was it called moocher? Seemed a promising pup, wasn't it it's first night lamping

Hi,.I caught most things with Moucher,..but,I've not kept many male lurchers,.. and our personalities clashed...

He was also a wee bit excitable in woodland,..and hyper people and hyper dawgs,.. make for a heady mix... :laugh:

I gave him away to a close pal,. and he had a great life,...I'm pleased,...he deserved it.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Bloody hell 7,, must be 6 year ago then when you two came up,, I'm sure he was just over a year or so old at the time

Aye it soon flies, don't it. I remember Mag putting pictures of Ted up when I first joined, that was back in '07..

I had a beddy whip x in 19 70, two quid off of ken gould Sutton bonnington 1970 . The dog was not very good in the day but at night I never saw him beat , lads came down from Derby,Notts,shrops,london to have a bet and the all got pasted but to be fair they brought coursing dogs and mine was a pure lamper, I don't know how that old dog would match up to the current world beaters but I suspect he would have held his own

This thread is about the famous beddy x whippets. Take your beddy grey and run along now. :bye:

so what you on this topic for you no nothing about the breed ya hill billy so jog on and stick to what you no tossa shooting turkeys for ya dinner

That turkey part bout had me pissin my pants laughin.

• Like 1

Well since others are posting beddyxgreys Im gonna post a pic of mine. She only handled this coon cuz I had fed her 2 loafs of brown bred the night before.

Doesn't look much like any beddy greys I've seen.

Guest edrd

Well since others are posting beddyxgreys Im gonna post a pic of mine. She only handled this coon cuz I had fed her 2 loafs of brown bred the night before.

[/quote.

Edited by edrd