Does anybody use rice in their mixes to bulk it out. Read a couple of recipes online with it in and some with it not??

At the minute I mix about 5lb beef/chicken mince, 5lb tripe, carrots and greens. Then add in wings, lamb bones, turkey necks that they get as well to chew on. This is for terriers only.

I use rice and pasta ( brown / wholemeal ) with mine if they are working. I don't bother as much in summer unless they need a little help with weight. Over the winter, they will get a mushy pasta/rice and mince meal, as an afternoon feed, prior to working later that night, and then wings/bones/necks etc as a morning feed as normal.

The mix you have sounds great :thumbs:

I use rice and pasta ( brown / wholemeal ) with mine if they are working. I don't bother as much in summer unless they need a little help with weight. Over the winter, they will get a mushy pasta/rice and mince meal, as an afternoon feed, prior to working later that night, and then wings/bones/necks etc as a morning feed as normal.

The mix you have sounds great :thumbs:

I sometimes mix a bit of rice or pasta with there grub, but I don't use brown or wholemeal they get white the same as us, for fibre I just add a bit of oatmeal n a slice or 2 of brown bread n some veg mixed in with raw lamb or chicken n a few chicken feet neck or a couple of ribs with keepers mix on top..