Sounds good. Im a bit jealous.. :tongue2:

don't be jealous ........its not that big or as big as I thought now were cleaning through the brambles with the help of sarah the goat .lol(named it after me mates mrs)/.......

but we should have a bit down there ............we still got more clearing out to do and a load of fencing with gates,..............were getting there ......

the collie is starting to bark more now at people walking by so that's a plus ...............waiting for a few more fertile goose eggs before there entered into incubator ,..........any one know how much longer than a chicken egg until the geese hatches,.i know chickens = 21 days (turn humidity up and lay them in the bottom three days prior to hatching)

not to, sure on geese and any more tips welcomed on hatching out geese./////////cheers

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fukc ??? .........

dinosaurs it is then,......lol I got to do something as me time with kids school and all that don't give me time to get stuck into anything ,............we got to pick a goat up next week to eat the

No real Buddhist would do this ? Media ???? Selling stories !

ive just ordered a new incubator off of flee bay it has all the readings on the front on screen for temp and % of humidity,.......it cost £130 (inc postage)

im hoping ive made a good investment as I want too hatch a few geese eggs and fatten them up for xmas auctions .....the incubator holds 48 chicken eggs so will probably only hold 24 goose eggs........im then going to breed poults for saleing and eating maybe.....

any tips would be greatly received as im first time starting out with all this incubator stuff......

many thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOMATIC-EGG-INCUBATOR-CHICKEN-INCUBATOR-POULTRY-HARCHER-CANDLER-/221075740938?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item337924190a

It's not the one on this link is it?

that is the exact one,............please don't be the bearer of bad news,...........

there was a down fall to the goat scenario it had to come with a fooking sheep,........pain in the ass

I'll be interested to see how you get on a mate of mine has just borrowed my brinsea after 2 unsuccesful hatches in the exact same incubator, i think his is getting put back on e bay

ive just ordered a new incubator off of flee bay it has all the readings on the front on screen for temp and % of humidity,.......it cost £130 (inc postage)

im hoping ive made a good investment as I want too hatch a few geese eggs and fatten them up for xmas auctions .....the incubator holds 48 chicken eggs so will probably only hold 24 goose eggs........im then going to breed poults for saleing and eating maybe.....

any tips would be greatly received as im first time starting out with all this incubator stuff......

many thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOMATIC-EGG-INCUBATOR-CHICKEN-INCUBATOR-POULTRY-HARCHER-CANDLER-/221075740938?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item337924190a

It's not the one on this link is it?

that is the exact one,............please don't be the bearer of bad news,...........

there was a down fall to the goat scenario it had to come with a fooking sheep,........pain in the ass

I'll be interested to see how you get on a mate of mine has just borrowed my brinsea after 2 unsuccesful hatches in the exact same incubator, i think his is getting put back on e bay

will keep you updated mate............ :victory: off out on dog exercise and check for a few eggs for the incubator

Im not a jealous person mate... I`ll get my bit one day. Goose incubation is around 30 days I think, you`ll have to do your home work. Ive vague memories of the old boy round the corner having to spray his duck eggs once a day and also let them cool for 15 minutes if I remember right. Maybe goose eggs are the same.

• Like 1

goose eggs are in and chicken and duck eggs,...........I believe that after a week you can candle the eggs to see which ones are fertile if unsure wait until 10 days then test again and take away unfertile eggs ,..........then you spray the remaining goose/duck eggs with room temperature water and allow to cool down for 15 mins and then repeat until day 21 and then they must be layed on the hatching tray inside the incubator and depending on breed of goose left for remaining days which is usually 28 days ,.......this is only what ive read up so please correct if im wrong........cheers,.......oh and I found another road kill bambi today ...........cut up for dogs ,......spot on

• Like 1

Gonna have to follow this topic now... Nice one reg`s the free meat, I bet your toast always falls butter side up..

ive had plenty of bad luck ,........ere just a quick one I got the incubator by the tumble dryer ...........its quite there 23 hours a day until the hour I use the dryer ,........do you think this will hurt the eggs as sometimes because its on a wooden floor it makes the incubator vibrate a bit.........nothing major like

the land aint mine but I got permission to mess about on there for free.........so I share it with a mate whos uncle owns it ,........yeah will give it a try ...........trouble is with kids there is no quite place and if I put it out side I wouldn't hear the alarm ,...................will test fertility after five days let you know how I get on......

Gonna have to follow this topic now... Nice one reg`s the free meat, I bet your toast always falls butter side up..

ive had plenty of bad luck ,........ere just a quick one I got the incubator by the tumble dryer ...........its quite there 23 hours a day until the hour I use the dryer ,........do you think this will hurt the eggs as sometimes because its on a wooden floor it makes the incubator vibrate a bit.........nothing major like

Wont bother it.......maybe even do it a bit of good. I'm guessing your wee incubator is a self turner? Remember the hen is constantly shifting her eggs in the nest.... :thumbs:

Wont bother it.......maybe even do it a bit of good. I'm guessing your wee incubator is a self turner? Remember the hen is constantly shifting her eggs in the nest.... :thumbs:

yeah every two hours it turns them ,..............yeah I didn't think it would upset them to be honest ...........potentially theres a few quid in there ,.when you look at geese going for £40-60 at auction xmas time ,......could be nice little earner.........for me and kids

An egg in an incubator that's vibrating for N hour will harm the embryos .... There is a difference between a mother turning eggs every few hours to having them on a f***ing shaking machine ... You will end up with scramble goose eggs lol ........

I understand that socks but if you can imagine a tumble dryer a foot away from a table with the incubator on ,..........and a wooden floor there is slight vibration,.........I suppose not much different when your transport them in a vehicle wrapped up you will still get the vibration coming up,.............its more the noise I was really worried about.......as they say quite place......

An egg in an incubator that's vibrating for N hour will harm the embryos .... There is a difference between a mother turning eggs every few hours to having them on a f*****g shaking machine ... You will end up with scramble goose eggs lol ........

Its a tumble dryer no a fecking roller coaster............ :laugh:

An egg in an incubator that's vibrating for N hour will harm the embryos .... There is a difference between a mother turning eggs every few hours to having them on a f*****g shaking machine ... You will end up with scramble goose eggs lol ........

Its a tumble dryer no a fecking roller coaster............ :laugh:

Fukc off eagle killer :hunter: ..........

• Like 1