ive just ordered a new incubator off of flee bay it has all the readings on the front on screen for temp and % of humidity,.......it cost £130 (inc postage)

im hoping ive made a good investment as I want too hatch a few geese eggs and fatten them up for xmas auctions .....the incubator holds 48 chicken eggs so will probably only hold 24 goose eggs........im then going to breed poults for saleing and eating maybe.....

any tips would be greatly received as im first time starting out with all this incubator stuff......

many thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOMATIC-EGG-INCUBATOR-CHICKEN-INCUBATOR-POULTRY-HARCHER-CANDLER-/221075740938?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item337924190a

It's not the one on this link is it?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fukc ??? .........

dinosaurs it is then,......lol I got to do something as me time with kids school and all that don't give me time to get stuck into anything ,............we got to pick a goat up next week to eat the

No real Buddhist would do this ? Media ???? Selling stories !

ive just ordered a new incubator off of flee bay it has all the readings on the front on screen for temp and % of humidity,.......it cost £130 (inc postage)

im hoping ive made a good investment as I want too hatch a few geese eggs and fatten them up for xmas auctions .....the incubator holds 48 chicken eggs so will probably only hold 24 goose eggs........im then going to breed poults for saleing and eating maybe.....

any tips would be greatly received as im first time starting out with all this incubator stuff......

many thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOMATIC-EGG-INCUBATOR-CHICKEN-INCUBATOR-POULTRY-HARCHER-CANDLER-/221075740938?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item337924190a

that is the exact one,............please don't be the bearer of bad news,...........

there was a down fall to the goat scenario it had to come with a fooking sheep,........pain in the ass

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were on about going the toilet.... And still looked :laugh:

Hatching hens eggs is easy, I wouldnt worry about humidity too much unless your hatching expensive breeds.

Goose eggs can be got from quite a lot of farm stores, on the counter, intended for eating, these will usually hatch if their not too old.

When you hatch out the turkey poults, stick a hens egg or two(just to be safe) in there about 5 days after you set the turkey eggs and this should hatch first and show the slightly backward turkey poults how to find food and water.

• Like 1

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were on about going the toilet.... And still looked :laugh:

Hatching hens eggs is easy, I wouldnt worry about humidity too much unless your hatching expensive breeds.

Goose eggs can be got from quite a lot of farm stores, on the counter, intended for eating, these will usually hatch if their not too old.

When you hatch out the turkey poults, stick a hens egg or two(just to be safe) in there about 5 days after you set the turkey eggs and this should hatch first and show the slightly backward turkey poults how to find food and water.

cheers bob,.........I knew somebody would have some decent tips..... :thumbs:

R.E. Noise, Im using an electric plate(brooder) instead of a heat lamp, and Ive found it keeps the chicks a lot quieter, as they get under it like they would a mother hen and its nice, warm and dark. They also benifit from the natural light cycles of day and night due to not having a lamp on 24 hrs a day. A large brooder is only 65 watts too.

Think I'd be asking the shop first if there's a gander kicking about before trying to hatch the eggs.... Lol

many thanks

that is the exact one,............please don't be the bearer of bad news,...........

there was a down fall to the goat scenario it had to come with a fooking sheep,........pain in the ass

Kill the sheep and eat it or feed it to the dogs .........

Think I'd be asking the shop first if there's a gander kicking about before trying to hatch the eggs.... Lol

Whats that saying about common sense, not being that common... Phucking Pheasant rearers.... ;)

Lol.... C'mon it's whippet99 were talking tae here...:-)

many thanks

Kill the sheep and eat it or feed it to the dogs .........

already been looking into that, .......... :yes:............you disgrace a good ginger fel;llow........ :D

you are my angel.................... :cray:

Whats that saying about common sense, not being that common... Phucking Pheasant rearers.... ;)

Lol.... C'mon it's whippet99 were talking tae here...:-)

Ha ha ha point taken..

Sounds like your well on your way whippet, have to get some pics up once your all moved in and settled.

I aint moving in but a mate is moving in the static caravan ,...............so that would be handy........just got given three geese and a few fertile eggs........bargain as the eggs these geese lay will be fertile aswell ...........so happy days

border collie is as soft as shite at the moment ,...........all we ask is a load dog full of barks but hopefully that will come with time .........clearing for pen rooms today before xmas stock come in ,..........had a bonus last night ,,...found a fresh roe on the side of road so my new cutting sinks which were all connected up Saturday ,.......were used and mess kept too a minimum .......and dog food in the freezer........ahhhhhhh,.........every little helps