Netting Coats

B.P.R

I use traditional, and these baskets, used the small basket last winter in a wood with a lot of debris,

basket net was no problem, taking rabbits with the whippet running them in.

have also done the same set using the traditional with hazel poles, as expected both nets did pick up a bit of debris when lifted but are easily cleaned.

Now for daywork i prefer the basket system. easy to carry, easy to run out, and pick up, and most important they catch

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think he wants pictures so he knows what to stitch and were to stitch

f***ing mods ehh..

get yourself an old wax jacket that's a bit big for you stitch some pockets in it and away you go

Posted Images

WE HAVE HOW PEGS, RUFFLY FROM UNDER YER ARM PIT ,TO YOUR FINGER TIPS,,, WE ALL WAYS USE PRIVIT, WE FOUND HAZEL WAS A LITTLE JANKLIE IN YER POCKET,,,

I found them bit jangly too mind you not as much as when I clank my end pins together I would be no good at that operation game

i would guess your not a poacher country joe... ant tell old bill your doing your post round atL

any pics of 'netting' coats?

you would be better with the book Long netting from Peg to Peg by Martin King,

This book shows you everything on netting, from traditional to a basket rigged net, knots, jackets, how to run out, and gather up.

night time netting, best wind conditions.etc, etc.

well worth the money.

giz a lend of it then :laugh:

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

003_zpsaf2ac6a5.jpg

had a request from Blue pocket rocket to stick these up, they are baskets made by lifelongcumbrian.

the first is the large, holds a lot of netting, the next middle basket holds 4 25 yarders or other combinations.

and the last is the lightest and useful if just out for a mooch, the last two are very light, and the last one, you wouldn't know you had it on.

the large although heavier you can still put out the nets no bother on your own.

the ones mick dadd had for sale were identical im sure.... same net in it....but plastic coated...

and at 23 quid i thought they was cheap...

was going to buy one.... but my barrel works fine :yes:

rm2508 got one though...decent bit of kit.

003_zpsaf2ac6a5.jpg

had a request from Blue pocket rocket to stick these up, they are baskets made by lifelongcumbrian.

the first is the large, holds a lot of netting, the next middle basket holds 4 25 yarders or other combinations.

and the last is the lightest and useful if just out for a mooch, the last two are very light, and the last one, you wouldn't know you had it on.

the large although heavier you can still put out the nets no bother on your own.

the ones mick dadd had for sale were identical im sure.... same net in it....but plastic coated...

and at 23 quid i thought they was cheap...

was going to buy one.... but my barrel works fine :yes:

rm2508 got one though...decent bit of kit.

I could not buy the material for £23, don't know how he can do that.

they are plastic coated. it would be easy to buy the material for that.. i think i bought 15 meters of 5 mm solid bar for 12 quid but i did buy from work when they put an ofder in mine went with it... dont know what they are made from but at 6mm bar the price would not go up loads

wasnt yours stainless?