Netting Coats

B.P.R

id appreciate that CJ... but ny old man lives out your way....so i dont go too often :laugh:

however, i was at the yorkshire over the weekend and was shown how to do it by mick dadd.....think what yous will of him....

anybody whos willing to take time out of their day to show a stranger something and help them.....

gets my respect :thumbs:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think he wants pictures so he knows what to stitch and were to stitch

f***ing mods ehh..

get yourself an old wax jacket that's a bit big for you stitch some pockets in it and away you go

Posted Images

You want to watch a mick mansbrigde ? dvd i think your talking about a old army grey coat , but i doubt theres the rabbit numbers near you to make it worth your while

i tried privit and was not too impressed when it was wet, i thought the wet bark grippet my running line. i suppose i could have stripped it back but im lazy..

i will measure my pegs as i did start originaly with my pegs from mi arm pit to my palm and was going to shorten them, maybe i did, maybe i dint.. im 40 with the memory of a 70 year old :laugh:

WE ALLWAYS HAVE 1 PEG IN THE POCKET, WHATS THICKER, THAN THE OTHERS,, WE TEND TO USE THAT 1 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NET,,GIVE,S THE NET EXTRA STRENGT,WHEN YOUR KEEPING YOUR TOP LINE TIGHT,,

you could just throw an extra loop over the pegs as you go to take the slack up.. i like my top line so it would ping although it does not always end up that way :laugh:

but thats the thing with long nets there is not a right way there your way and mine and we do what works for us. like said above about martin kings book he says how he does it as thats all you can do..imo

Edited by smithie
  • Like 1

id appreciate that CJ... but ny old man lives out your way....so i dont go too often :laugh:

however, i was at the yorkshire over the weekend and was shown how to do it by mick dadd.....think what yous will of him....

anybody whos willing to take time out of their day to show a stranger something and help them.....

gets my respect :thumbs:

No problem, if you are ever down this way in the future, get in touch.

ATB.

CJ.

I measure my Hazel from armpit to middle of the palm of my hand, just measured one thats pointed 2ft 2 inches from top to point.

002.jpg

Dont really do any night netting now, apart from a nice wee set, which doesnt take long, and is always productive. :D these are two 25 yarders.

Edited by Country Joe

003_zpsaf2ac6a5.jpg

had a request from Blue pocket rocket to stick these up, they are baskets made by lifelongcumbrian.

the first is the large, holds a lot of netting, the next middle basket holds 4 25 yarders or other combinations.

and the last is the lightest and useful if just out for a mooch, the last two are very light, and the last one, you wouldn't know you had it on.

the large although heavier you can still put out the nets no bother on your own.

THE BASKET NET HIS A PERFECT NET,[iFF] LAYED DOWN ON A CARPET,,, AUTUMN TIME WHEN YOU START PEGGING, HAS WE CALL IT,, THERES FAR TO MUCH DEBRIS OF THE TREES ETC,,,WHEN YOU DRAG YOUR NET BACK THE BASKET IT FULL OF CRAP,,,THE NETS WITH THE IRONS EACH SIDE YOU TEND TO LIFT THE NET,HAS YOU PUT IT ON THE IRONS,,, ANDIT DOSE NOT PICK HAS MUCH,,