• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think he wants pictures so he knows what to stitch and were to stitch

f***ing mods ehh..

get yourself an old wax jacket that's a bit big for you stitch some pockets in it and away you go

Posted Images

Dont know if this is what you mean, i just went to a charity shop, and bought the cheapest suit jacket, you sew a long pocket on one side for your Hazel poles , and you can sew another pocket on the other for your net, although i never bothered just carried the net in my old post office bag. you sew the pockets in the inside of the jacket.

This is for a traditional.

Edited by Country Joe

i would guess your not a poacher country joe... ant tell old bill your doing your post round at midnight :laugh:

tiercel will have a picture to hand for sure

LOL no need for a pic of my old jacket Lukes is just the same, just much posher.

TC

Edited by tiercel

f**k them suit jacket... You want one of these babies... Light weight and waterproof..

post-3937-0-96726100-1369779388.jpg

i would guess your not a poacher country joe... ant tell old bill your doing your post round at midnight :laugh:

tiercel will have a picture

any pics of 'netting' coats?

you would be better with the book Long netting from Peg to Peg by Martin King,

This book shows you everything on netting, from traditional to a basket rigged net, knots, jackets, how to run out, and gather up.

night time netting, best wind conditions.etc, etc.

well worth the money.

Edited by Country Joe

the book does cover all the bases, it has everything in there you need to get started and after reading the book cover to cover a few times you then need to practice in the day before you jog off in the dark..

for me the book is as good as it gets, you will be doing well to find some thing better than that for a person new to long netting wanting instuction and tips..

Edited by smithie

the book does cover all the bases, it has everything in there you need to get started and after reading the book cover to cover a few times you then need to practice in the day before you jog off in the dark..

for me the book is as good as it gets, you will be doing well to find some thing better than that for a person new to long netting wanting instuction and tips..

While I agree that the book does cover all the bases, when Martin wrote the book he decided not to take the tactical approach with it. A sequal perhaps? For anyone buying the book read what Martin states time and time again through the book, that is the way he does it. It is up to the netter to find 'their way,' using the basics that the book provides.

I have to agree with smithie, it is the best book on long netting available at the moment.

TC