Hornady and Winchester for me. Agree with Snap Shot, dirty barrel as I had a problem with mine being used to shooting a .22LR.

Could just be a dodgy batch as you say but strange for the rifle to shoot them at double the group size.

Have you checked that all mounts and moderators are tight and the barrel is still free floating?

first thing I thought was dirty barrel but cleaned it out and had same result, everything is still tight and barrel free floating, its not every shot, i'll have 3 or 4 in a tidy group but then one hit about an inch higher or lower than the rest its strange like, its not just me as the same was happening with the gun in a fixed position

iv had loads do it and i have checked everything over and over iv come to think its just an easy round to pull a shot with i dont have this truble with my 17 rem or .243 its a pain let me know if you sort it pal atb b

Also depends alot on rim thickness of each round, cud be a bad batch, But also treat the .17 hmr like a centre fire with regard to copper cleaning,

it needs a good cleaning routine to keep it firing sweet,

i suggest giving the rifle to a friend you know who can shoot, and give him 5 rounds from differing points in the ammo box, and see are the results the same...

good luck, as above mounts bases, crown, trigger release point consistant with all shots...?

Snap.