6 Fat Greenie Chick's

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st Lutino out..  

It's when there eyes have been open a few days and there working fully for them will they jump the nest O.P. if you poke about to much,we've all done at some point and sometimes you can catch them u

They are more or less weaned now as i have seen most of them at the feeder's and tucking in for themself's..         Here is a family shot..all the 6 BBC rung chick's sat with the lutino co

It'll drive you mad trying to keep track of them mate and i'll tell you a secret ;) ,i look on the floor for any dead as it's easier and quicker than looking for young un's that don't want to be seen :yes::laugh::laugh: .It is one of those times where you have to thicken the skin a tad and let be what will be with them,at this age the worry bit has gone(until the moult :tongue2: ) and the cock is on the job so just sit and enjoy them mate and it's not many that can watch a nest of birds grow from eggs and turn into adults all in as natural surrounding as you can possibly supply,were bloody lucky folk we are mate :victory:

• Like 1

The adult's are as hard as nail's mate it's the baldy chick in the nest that will suffer..i bet they has been load's of chick's in the wild perished before they got chance to fledge..this time last year the garden was full of young sparrow's from out of the ivy..this year i am yet to see one.. :blink:

The adult's are as hard as nail's mate it's the baldy chick in the nest that will suffer..i bet they has been load's of chick's in the wild perished before they got chance to fledge..this time last year the garden was full of young sparrow's from out of the ivy..this year i am yet to see one.. :blink:

the sparrows are bouncing off the livingroom window up here mate :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

They are more or less weaned now as i have seen most of them at the feeder's and tucking in for themself's..

goldieandgreeniechicks011_zps663613ee.jp

goldieandgreeniechicks016_zps009dfa5c.jp

goldieandgreeniechicks018_zps6d4ff4f5.jp

Here is a family shot..all the 6 BBC rung chick's sat with the lutino cock bird..it's not the best of picture's but it's hard work getting a picture with them all sat together.. :D

goldieandgreeniechicks023_zpsf098be68.jp

• Like 3

Bright in the eye,clean of beak and feather,they are stonking healthy birds Millet and your doing bloody well so don't change a thing as nothing is broken in what your doing for them :victory:

• Like 2