• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bitsa lurcher
bull whippet at stud 18 month old ,around 20 inch.bully head whippet body.works cover and lamp. get pics up soon.yorkshire area

is this dog a proven stud ? if yes how many litters has he sired ? if yes , what % of his off spring turn out to be good workers ?

bull whippet at stud 18 month old ,around 20 inch.bully head whippet body.works cover and lamp. get pics up soon.yorkshire area

is this dog a proven stud ? if yes how many litters has he sired ? if yes , what % of his off spring turn out to be good workers ?

no thats why the dog is up for stud so i can let him be proven .why do you have a bitch to line ?

Edited by BULLWHIP
mate iam not digging you out but your dog is 18 monthes old has he done enough to be put 2 stud :hmm::hmm:

i understand what your saying but not every body thinks the same.

what have the dog done work wise at that age its only seen one season :no:

thats a great littal cross but they must have bin tested and hold a few seasons under there belt to be proven :thumbs::thumbs:

its half bred and i was lucking to put him over a greyhound to get the breed i want.ive a big bull cross and in my opinion for walking small fields they not the best dog.

Guest bitsa lurcher

a stud dog needs to have at least 3 seasons under his belt , and can only be classed as proven when at least 2 of his offspring from 2 seperate bitches can be seen working..... yes i have 2 bitches but i would'nt use a dog that did'nt fit the above ..... just my opinion :whistling:

, and can only be classed as proven when at least 2 of his offspring from 2 seperate bitches can be seen working..... yes i have 2 bitches but i would'nt use a dog that did'nt fit the above ..... just my opinion :whistling:

so no matter how great a dog was and seeing it with your own eyes,,,because it hadnt sired anything before you still would,nt touch it???? :notworthy::feck:

Edited by SHOT
Guest bitsa lurcher
, and can only be classed as proven when at least 2 of his offspring from 2 seperate bitches can be seen working..... yes i have 2 bitches but i would'nt use a dog that did'nt fit the above ..... just my opinion :whistling:

so no matter how great a dog was and seeing it with your own eyes,,,because it hadnt sired anything before you still would,nt touch it???? :notworthy::feck:

if i owned the dog yes , that way i would see it work day in day out ....been there done that ........... as far as a maybe is concerned no i would'nt use it because it is not a PROVEN STUD DOG ..........and from reading your quote there "shot" it seems to me that it's people like you that breed maybe's that fill the hunting/dog world with crap dogs :feck:

yes like you ive been there to,bred sh*t from sh*t,bought loads of sh*te to who has,nt,but if the dog and bitch are worthy and out of good worthy dogs themselves that would do for me.

Guest bitsa lurcher
yes like you ive been there to,bred sh*t from sh*t,bought loads of sh*te to who has,nt,but if the dog and bitch are worthy and out of good worthy dogs themselves that would do for me.

yes i would also put my hands up to having had worthless crap at some point in time , and that is why i am a fussy f**ker as to what is classed as a PROVEN STUD dog , and on that note how do you know if a dog is worthy or not when the dog in question is only 18 months old ..........it MAY jack at 2 year old or it MAY not in which case it is not a PROVEN STUD but a MAYBE ........now back to the add which states for all to read ......proven stud dog .....which means the dog is proven to produce litters of workers ..... the guy whose dog it is has said it has not produced any workers as yet ....

yes i would also put my hands up to having had worthless crap at some point in time , and that is why i am a fussy f**ker as to what is classed as a PROVEN STUD dog , and on that note how do you know if a dog is worthy or not when the dog in question is only 18 months old ..........it MAY jack at 2 year old or it MAY not in which case it is not a PROVEN STUD but a MAYBE ........now back to the add which states for all to read ......proven stud dog .....which means the dog is proven to produce litters of workers ..... the guy whose dog it is has said it has not produced any workers as yet ....

Good post fella :thumbs:

yes i read the add again :D i dont see any offer of a proven stud,just somebody offering an UNTESTED dog up for stud.

i totally agree hes best off just buying a pup at this stage or at least waiting a few years to see what the dog makes of its self.

i was commenting on you refusing to use any dog over a lurcher of yours no matter how good unless it had sired at least two decent dogs from two litters out of different dams.

just found it a very high standard for the lurcher game,if we were talking track dogs top coursing dogs then fair enough i see the value in it cheers.

Guest bitsa lurcher
yes i read the add again :D i dont see any offer of a proven stud,just somebody offering an UNTESTED dog up for stud.

i totally agree hes best off just buying a pup at this stage or at least waiting a few years to see what the dog makes of its self.

i was commenting on you refusing to use any dog over a lurcher of yours no matter how good unless it had sired at least two decent dogs from two litters out of different dams.

just found it a very high standard for the lurcher game,if we were talking track dogs top coursing dogs then fair enough i see the value in it cheers.

so sorry one thousand appologies , but my standards are what they are , and further more i have turned down 2 bitches owners that wanted to use my stud dog this year , why you wander , simple .........they were not up to scratch ........why the f**k breed shit when there is plenty of shit dogs about ????????? and why put a dog up for stud at 18 months old , i'll tell you why £££ that's all it is about ......and before you comment on i want to breed my own ...... well my advise would be go and buy a bitch that is compatible to the bullxwhip work the 2 for 3 seasons then breed quality keep 2 and sell the rest cheap ......keep tabs on all the pups all being well breed the same again ...seeing as it's all about ££££ charge more for the pups from proven stock ..... now if you can't see the sense in my standards read the above again

ok heres my £0.02 worth,with all the shite thats for sale anyway,you pays your money and takes your chance,look its the internet,and everybody knows that on the net there are no bad dogs,ask how many on here have propper dogs,and every one will say they have,you have the same chance with the untested bullwhippet,as you do with a hancock dog,i bet the bullwhippet is closer to working stuff then hancocks dogs,those that only want tryed and tested stuff,wouldnt be looking on here at that type of dog anyway,theres plenty of the good stuff about that dont have to advertise on the net,