Hitting The Moles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super busy at the moment with the moles and catching good numbers, i hope you fellas are all doing as well if not better   No funny coloured ones yet

Rivers west pro smock Matt.   The price will be coming down as the new stock is due from the states.   The only downside is that there is no ventilation and is a VERY warm jacket. They are how

Edited for copyright reasons just in case it ends up on someone's web page.

Hi Scratchy one..............

It's funny you mention it, I was only looking at them this morning.

It's been a hard week here on Exmoor, feeling like January most of the time, I've managed to get 250 duffus out, and will try those traplines out ASAP.

Trouble is, when your back is tight against the wall, you tend to reach for the familiar bread winner first............

I will try them, and I will give honest feedback.

good to se theirs some other mole catchers on hear, their was me thinking his forum was full of pikies with bull crosses.

just to add to the tally Ive had 84 mowdie in 6 days, I had a big box of traps stolen from the farm yard so ime 60 traps down!

good to se theirs some other mole catchers on hear, their was me thinking his forum was full of pikies with bull crosses.

just to add to the tally Ive had 84 mowdie in 6 days, I had a big box of traps stolen from the farm yard so ime 60 traps down!

Good going fella and that's a right sickener

I wish the weather would make it's mind up.

Summer is back here today. Did the trap round wearing a T shirt.

I tend to find the moles harder to catch when it's warm and dry, but still managed 71 today.

Day of rest and cleaning tomorrow, then I'll whack another 150 traps in the ground on Monday. With what I've already got in the ground I may do OK on Tuesday, then it's back to garden jobs in Wiltshire for a week or two.

I tend to find the moles harder to catch when it's warm and dry, but still managed 71 today.

Day of rest and cleaning tomorrow, then I'll whack another 150 traps in the ground on Monday. With what I've already got in the ground I may do OK on Tuesday, then it's back to garden jobs in Wiltshire for a week or two.

Do you use a quad Matt?

Do you use a quad Matt?

:yes:

Couldn't manage the acreage I do without the bike.

Really nice today to get up some speed and cool down.

Only 71 Matt!!

Your slacking in your old age

To be honest Moxy, I am.

My fingers are aching, my knees are aching, and I've started to make funny noises when I get up.

Looking on the bright side, I've still got two farms that I haven't touched yet this year, and 2 farms to do follow up visits, so it isn't looking too bad and as long as we don't have a drought, I reckon I'll be pretty much flat out until the end of June this year.

What happens then is up to our stripey friends who sting..... fingers crossed for a good wasp summer, but I don't hold out much hope myself....

Luckily, I've got a rodenticide trial to do in July or August, so that should pay some bills.

Super busy at the moment with the moles and catching good numbers, i hope you fellas are all doing as well if not better :thumbs:

IMG_0661_zps67a463bb.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsa260c836.jpg

No funny coloured ones yet

Stick them in the freezer mate.. I will give you £4,50 a mole :laugh::laugh:

Some cracking results there that will keep the wolfs from the door :victory:

• Like 1

Good going fellas, very impressive results :D

I just can't get work like that in my part of the country, but would love to be mole catching on that scale. I only ever get garden work or small holdings - the farmers don't seem to be interested in my services in my neck of the woods.

Do you use a quad Matt?

:yes:

Couldn't manage the acreage I do without the bike.

Really nice today to get up some speed and cool down.

Only 71 Matt!!

Your slacking in your old age

To be honest Moxy, I am.

My fingers are aching, my knees are aching, and I've started to make funny noises when I get up.

Looking on the bright side, I've still got two farms that I haven't touched yet this year, and 2 farms to do follow up visits, so it isn't looking too bad and as long as we don't have a drought, I reckon I'll be pretty much flat out until the end of June this year.

What happens then is up to our stripey friends who sting..... fingers crossed for a good wasp summer, but I don't hold out much hope myself....

Luckily, I've got a rodenticide trial to do in July or August, so that should pay some bills.

what trial is this Matt?

I can't name names Snakey, but I do the fieldwork for a well known University who are often engaged by big chemical companies to test out products.

The process starts off with some live catching to DNA test, then we do a census of the population, followed by a period of baiting. A second census is then carried out to see what percentage of the population has been killed.

It's not as glamorous as it sounds, honest. :thumbs:

I can't name names Snakey, but I do the fieldwork for a well known University who are often engaged by big chemical companies to test out products.

The process starts off with some live catching to DNA test, then we do a census of the population, followed by a period of baiting. A second census is then carried out to see what percentage of the population has been killed.

It's not as glamorous as it sounds, honest. :thumbs:

Really interested in this! if you could divulge a bit eh!