Coots & Moorhens

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

We have a few Coots and a moorhen on our lake. And the duck and geese seem to have dissaperead with less than a month left till BANG BANG time :gunsmilie: Ok so what im trying to find out is why Coots & Moorhens are shot? i see there on the wildfowl speciels your leagally allowed to shoot but why? how are they a pest?

Can you eat em? they might be all i end up with to shoot come september if these bloody geese dont appear again soon :angry: So i want to understand a bit more about why these are shot :whistling:

the only reason i shoot them, is when i feed our ponds and drains. they eat all the wheat and that is why they are pests. i also know the french like to eat them and the dutch. i also get ask to shoot alot for our local game dealer around mid october to the end of november. as for your geese and duck disppearing, i would say they would be out on stubble fields now feeding with there young ,now the young are on the wing .

Edited by wag
Guest little_lloyd

I had the most disatoerous expedition fishing down there today :icon_redface: i only heard a coot & a friendly mallard hen was about but the canadian geese and there sygnets have gone im hoping they will be back in time for the party. Looks like Coot is on the plate come september :clapping:

I CANT WAIT :gunsmilie:

Edited by little_lloyd
I had the most disatoerous expedition fishing down there today :icon_redface: i only heard a coot & a friendly mallard hen was about but the canadian geese and there sygnets have gone im hoping they will be back in time for the party. Looks like Coot is on the plate come september :clapping:

Goslings matey, not cygnets.... :yes:

Guest little_lloyd

Goslings matey, not cygnets.... :yes:

Thanks for puuting me right i do get confused with ey two lol

Lloyd,you may be able to spell Lloyd,but......disastrous(correct sp.) and yours.....disatoerous :hmm::haha:

Guest little_lloyd

Lloyd,you may be able to spell Lloyd,but......disastrous(correct sp.) and yours.....disatoerous :hmm::haha:

I cant hlep it. Mumy ses me specel boy :yes::laugh:

• 2 weeks later...