Forum Warning Notice To All Members And Guests

due to some recent articles posted on here that I have read I think it would be a good idea for people using this open forum site , whether as a guest or member ,to be guided to a pinned notice advising them about comments posted on this forum. ( unless it already exists ) some of these comments on individuals, manufacturer/ businesses etc are treading a thin line in my opinion on the legal side ,and it wont be too long before somebody crosses the line , if they haven't already done so..due to the nature of the compensation culture being what it is these people I believe should be reminded that although it is an open forum and people can express their views ,that they must be careful what they write , to make sure that they stay within the law.it is far too easy when writing a post or replying to one to get carried away and cross the line.it would be better to sort it ,between the individuals /companies involved without commenting on them in an open public forum. although I believe the moderators are doing a good job , they cannot police it 24/7 , and although some comments and people have been removed , it may well have already been too late and the damage done. this is generally a very good forum so lets try to keep it that way .my personal parting comment ; talk is cheap but a solicitor certainly isn t . atb and good luck.

people post it on here to warn others about the way they have been treated and conned !!! freedom of speech if they didn't try to rip people off it wouldn't happen would it so what would you do dogvixen if after paying £500 fro some dog panels they hadn't arrived after 6 weeks and the owner just didn't reply or answer your calls ? let every one else get suckered in by them ? it was only after a good debate on his services he refunded the lad and explained they hadn't been sent as he didn't have them !

• Like 4

any examples ?

i know if i wasn't happy with a product i wouldn't hesitate to warn others of a bad experience. thats my right as a consumer surely.

i may be miss reading your point please elaborate.

Guest scramble

No legal action will come from a comment or complaint on here or any other forums! if you've been treated unfairly or the company hasn't given you the service you've paid for they'll not have a leg to stand on in court. On another note these type of companies won't shell out for a solicitor they're only interested in taking your cash, not spending theirs.

If I bought something from someone on this site and paid in good faith and the goods weren't forthcoming - I'd tell everyone and make no mistake...bad crack not to say anything and let others get pulled in...I'd be telling everyone....and exposing the scamming, robbing, shiftless c**ts for what they are... :thumbs:

• Like 1

if someone has a problem ,and they have contacted the people concerned ,and they have had no satisfactory result , and they are 100% in the right and they want to warn others ( which has happened eg . alerting people to scammers etc ) then I cannot see a problem ,and neither would a court of law .problem being some people haven't got it 100% and are commenting on hearsay ,that is where the problems can begin. some threads /posts are sabotaged by people who have never met ,or bought anything from the persons concerned ,and yet still post negative comments, once this starts people get wound up ,threats of violence not unknown. i am not going to mention a particular incident or comment .just thought it was worth mentioning .if someone reading this doesn't agree ,then is up to that individual what they do about it.

If a company or individual has promised to do something at a certain price or within a certain time frame and then fails to do so, as long as what you say about said persons actions are factual, it can not then be deemed as libellous. It's a shame when genuine misunderstandings are blown out of proportion and as stated some posts attract those who have no knowledge of the case in hand and just want to give their ten penneth worth, but for each genuine case there are dozens of scammers and con artists who need to be exposed and that is, although it could often be put more eloquently, the beauty of forums and social media sites. the more people post about those with no morals or conscious then the quicker their operations can be shut down.

Some genuine companies also fail to deliver good customer service, why not expose those companies and give others the knowledge allowing them to make a conscious choice as to if they want to deal with them, on the plus side companies who deliver a good service should be praised, and with that I give you "Kenwins" in Herne Bay Kent, a UPS drop off point which my son and I used recently, great service and couldn't do enough to help, defo be using them again :thumbs:

A lot of people do give sellers a chance to sort the job out, as long as the seller is honest and open about it. If it's someone taking the piss, taken your money and is not responding to PM's etc, sing it from the roof tops :yes:

• Like 1

due to some recent articles posted on here that I have read I think it would be a good idea for people using this open forum site , whether as a guest or member ,to be guided to a pinned notice advising them about comments posted on this forum. ( unless it already exists ) some of these comments on individuals, manufacturer/ businesses etc are treading a thin line in my opinion on the legal side ,and it wont be too long before somebody crosses the line , if they haven't already done so..due to the nature of the compensation culture being what it is these people I believe should be reminded that although it is an open forum and people can express their views ,that they must be careful what they write , to make sure that they stay within the law.it is far too easy when writing a post or replying to one to get carried away and cross the line.it would be better to sort it ,between the individuals /companies involved without commenting on them in an open public forum. although I believe the moderators are doing a good job , they cannot police it 24/7 , and although some comments and people have been removed , it may well have already been too late and the damage done. this is generally a very good forum so lets try to keep it that way .my personal parting comment ; talk is cheap but a solicitor certainly isn t . atb and good luck.

Mother, is that you???