Harris Hawk Mews

i wouldnt dare ask any of my farmers for a field meet id be left with no land. maybe offering a bit of money each could persuade at least one of our landowners to allow a group of us. what we need is a falconry loving landowner who wouldnt mind a few strangers to roam his land. wonder where we can find one of them :hmm:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thank f--k we all seem to be getting along again chaps,whatever method you use, one thing is clear, its too bleedin long until next season, that's for sure, must be the frustration causing people

I appreciate any help mate honest and i only retaliated over the attitude against it. Apologies to the lad but jus cud of been more helping advise rather than the dissing attitude. Im always up or lea

i kept mine tethered through the moult last year and had no problems with feather growth whatsoever. he is freelofted now but hardly moves from the same perch. personally i dont see a problem with it

Posted Images

Its already got the weldermesh on it mate just looks pretty transparent with the lighting and angle. My main plan was to use bars but my lazyness got the better of me. Maybe il have a change from mesh to bars next year though see how her first season in here goes :)

• Like 1

I always have my bird On open front avairy even in moult she has always beeen in a open frpnt avairy! I also bow her out on the grass on decent days which she mch prefers than been locked in a pen for months on end with no life or contact just so it can gove you the best results in hunting action. She can get all that with minimal contact and atleast let the bird see the world outside thats what ov always thought is fair for any captive bird put up for moult depending on the aggressivness and reactions from your bird that is. Its all about having a decent set so your bird isnt associating you and food during the moult preventing the screamer and the drop box has always been my success. Just my opinion whats been successful for me so far as so i will stick to it.

And it dusnt need to be open on the top at all which rule book states that? Its just an advantage!! But myn gets the advantage of seing the outside world and getting a littl freedom on lawn for few hours a week :) jus sayn.....

Edited by craigynewall

I always have my bird On open front avairy even in moult she has always beeen in a open frpnt avairy! I also bow her out on the grass on decent days which she mch prefers than been locked in a pen for months on end with no life or contact just so it can gove you the best results in hunting action. She can get all that with minimal contact and atleast let the bird see the world outside thats what ov always thought is fair for any captive bird put up for moult depending on the aggressivness and reactions from your bird that is. Its all about having a decent set so your bird isnt associating you and food during the moult preventing the screamer and the drop box has always been my success. Just my opinion whats been successful for me so far as so i will stick to it.

has she told you she like being out side ,seclution moult is done for a reason and hoe on earth do you know what the bird is thinking comments like that are a joke ,falconers do it a way and is a proven way for a reason no so they can go on holiday in summer or the like its done so the bird is totally stress free and will be in 100% condition with no stress marks when you pull them out the moult

do you think when u go for a young bird that has been secluded for 16 weeks that it told the breeder It preferred to be left alone until pulled or what

• Like 1