The Sandwell Field Sports Vhtv Spectre Review (Parts 1 And 2).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there forum friends,   Well it’s almost taken 3 months to complete this review but here it is broken down into 2 parts, each around 15 minutes in length.   When I and Davy started shooting thes

Davy please take the bloody price label off it we all know that its a new gun. Brill shooting boys.

Cracking review there lads and some fine shooting, amazing results from a sfs tuned rifle in the right hands. Davy you look like a kid in a candy store when shooting the spectre indoors , look forwar

Davy please take the bloody price label off it we all know that its a new gun. Brill shooting boys.

Yeah i know what you mean Roger.

He said the sticker was staying on till the rifle was bedded in and he was happy with it.

It didnt stay on too long i can tell you mate :boogy:

Well I've had a go on davy's one andy, and apart from being way too light for my taste, its a cracking airgun to shoot. Minimal kick and smoother than sean connery in a cashmere codpiece.

Really enjoyed that first vid, with some good long distance shooting from yourself mate, nice one.

Cheers, wurz

• Like 2

Amazing shooting lads and great video. Si, can you sort me out with a Spectre?! :D

Well done chaps :thumbs:

If you phone Tony up you will be able to order one Ste ;) .

Like i said earlier he is considering doing a run of 30 of them mate.

Si.

Cheers Si. How much are the spectre's retailing at and what's the difference between a Spectre and buying a 95 in a CS stock and sending it for a Stage 1 tune with Tony?

ATB, Elliott

• Like 1

a new question Si, if i may..

as you have had standard hw95k in the past..

how different does the feel, balance and handling of the rifle, pointability, stability, weight etc compare, between the standard hw95k hw stock, and the cs700 thumbhole...?

not on about recoil or firing cycle or lock time.. just how it feels in the shoulder, and on aim. balance..

if the cs700 comes with walnut, adj buttplate and thumbhole... in left handed, i think it would turn my 95k into a beast, it is already like, but on a new level!

that and a stage 1 tune and trigger tune..

then it would basically be a 'spectre' , yes? or does it have to be engraved to make it a spectre.. ?

cheers SKoT

• Like 1

Honestly Ste I couldn't tell you as i got the rifles and a lot of other kit at a total discount price as i spent almost £6000 in one lump sum with Tony at SFS buddy.

I should imagine they are not cheap as you get a lot for your money with them.

Best thing to do is phone up SFS and ask yourself mate.

If your not too keen on a light rifle then getting the same rifle but based around a HW80K would probably be a much better option mate.

If i was going to have Tony make me a custom rifle i would do the following:

HW80K fitted with a HW98 barrel

CS700 stock with the adjustable butt pad.

Tuned to S1 but with Tony's specially designed SFS Webley Vulcan spring fitted like my 98 has fitted.

Tuned to 9.5 FPE knowing that it will raise to around 10.5 once bedded in.

Then i know that you would probably have one of the best springers in the world

• Like 1

a new question Si, if i may..

as you have had standard hw95k in the past..

how different does the feel, balance and handling of the rifle, pointability, stability, weight etc compare, between the standard hw95k hw stock, and the cs700 thumbhole...?

not on about recoil or firing cycle or lock time.. just how it feels in the shoulder, and on aim. balance..

if the cs700 comes with walnut, adj buttplate and thumbhole... in left handed, i think it would turn my 95k into a beast, it is already like, but on a new level!

that and a stage 1 tune and trigger tune..

then it would basically be a 'spectre' , yes? or does it have to be engraved to make it a spectre.. ?

cheers SKoT

No you don't have to have the engraving mate for it to be a Spectre, only if you want it to be a VHTV Spectre.

The CS stock being adjustable at the butt pad and thumb hole seems to handle better for me Skot to the standard stock that doesn't have a high enough cheek piece for me to call it luxus like you can the CS700 stock.

You can order a left handed version of the stock too Skot.

• Like 1

must admit im more of a thumbhole man myself, but like a heavier rifle.

i have small hands, just been handling the 3 rifles..

95k first nearly threw it through the ceiling when picking it up its so lightweight haha, length of pull to trigger is too long, cheekpiece is too low and its too light.

97k next weight and balance a lot better than 95k, high comb for scope is better and length of pull is a bit shorter aswel, better for my small hands.

then picked up the 97kt and you can just instantly tell the difference a thumbhole makes and the adj butt aswell it was eye straight to scope and rock steady instantly perfectly balanced and the trigger, it didnt feel like my finger was pulling itself out of the socket trying to reach the trigger blade.!

i know now why rowan engineering -and probably other companys- make a set back trigger....

as for the custom l/h cs700 im guessing at £200 rough price .. ?? then £80 ish for the stage 2 sfs treatment.. ?

hmm decisions decisions... :hmm:

Cracking review there lads and some fine shooting, amazing results from a sfs tuned rifle in the right hands. Davy you look like a kid in a candy store when shooting the spectre indoors :yes: , look forward to seeing them in the comps lads :thumbs: . ATB Aaron

hi Aaron

i was and i was in another shop today,and got the Hawke SR pro for the HW97 .22 SFS S2T :thumbs:

• Like 2

Hy si and davy,those are two nice rifles you must be happy, another top quality show aswell

as a side note thanks for advising i get a springer for my first rifle,after your BSA ultra vids i was sold on getting one

but i bought an AA prosport .177 instead and loving it thanks

regards nick

• Like 1