• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there's an example on how to blow the whistle for a stop,,,,

Thats a nice vid there gouldy!   ATB

Sorry but I don't agree with this...   you need to set the fact a whistle is an extension of the voice, to start you say sit and as you say it you pip the whistle once, ensure the dog sits straight

All good sound advice from contributor's for basic training,without any knowledge of the dog what so ever.I can also understand the comments on the video's;,yeah it would not do for me,but at the end of the day a dog will only get away with what you allow it.

So FAY, if you would be more specific with your post then maybe we can tackle the true issue and not stab in the dark. There are ways of sharpening up the stop whistle at distance with out going out to the dog.It's about reading a dogs mind NOT reading books......Stick in.....

Edited by camokev64

I'll pm you mate,its an absolute cracker.to watch the dog shut down like it does is great.it's more for dogs what I call on the whistle and need sharpening up rather than starting off,because it would be to much for a young dog phsycologically .and it does the trick. Superb.

not on that subject, someone a while ago PM me and said they had bought a shock collar and what was my thought, I said before you throw it in the bin where they deserve to be, I told them to get another on the same frequency and put it round their neck and everytime they shock the dog they will know whats its like.. he didn't reply

Ad

not on that subject, someone a while ago PM me and said they had bought a shock collar and what was my thought, I said before you throw it in the bin where they deserve to be, I told them to get another on the same frequency and put it round their neck and everytime they shock the dog they will know whats its like.. he didn't reply
. Hy
not on that subject, someone a while ago PM me and said they had bought a shock collar and what was my thought, I said before you throw it in the bin where they deserve to be, I told them to get another on the same frequency and put it round their neck and everytime they shock the dog they will know whats its like.. he didn't reply[/quote ] Yes Phil bloody right mate,but let's not go there,my bloods boiling already.just the fact that I've just got back from training a 7 1/2 month cocker,the things busting a gut to please me,and I'm the happiest guy alive as we work together and I know through the hard work, the owners going to. Get a nice shooting companion..... I'll. Pm the stop whistle crack "its a bit long winded,excuse the pun" but worth it.

there's an example on how to blow the whistle for a stop,,,, :thumbs:

That is not a good video at all. The dog is bored to death that is why the dog as no "go" about it. The dog sits,when it wants to, even though he gives it hand signals, whistle AND says sit. It drops the retrieve. Classic example of moving on to the next part of training without mastering the previous part.

Now Pal,I`m unable to send you a personnel message for that info you required....says your not accepting them...just PM me again... maybe with an email address.

For those who want Kevs way of getting your dog to stop on the spot I will share what he said he can make a dog sit on a spot 30ft away, hers how it goes.

You need to get a dummy, 30ft bungee cord, and a dog, and a cone placed at 30ft

You attach the cord to the dog and throw the dummy, send the dog out just as the dog reaches the 30ft marker blow the stop whistle the dog may pass the 30ft mark but will soon return and sit at 30ft.

brill thanks Kev im on me way to B&Q now.

:clapper::signthankspin:

For those who want Kevs way of getting your dog to stop on the spot I will share what he said he can make a dog sit on a spot 30ft away, hers how it goes.

You need to get a dummy, 30ft bungee cord, and a dog, and a cone placed at 30ft

You attach the cord to the dog and throw the dummy, send the dog out just as the dog reaches the 30ft marker blow the stop whistle the dog may pass the 30ft mark but will soon return and sit at 30ft.

brill thanks Kev im on me way to B&Q now.

:clapper::signthankspin:

Absolutely Brill that :yahoo: Do you know you just might have have something there :hmm: We could advertise it as the " Throw away those god dam collars,here`s wonder lead and whistle in one"......

You`ve put the sunshine back into a shit week i`ve had ........ cheers Kid :thumbs:

tried the stop whistle with an expandable lead the dog comes back and drops beside me lol i made videos of my progress to look over to see any faults ill try get them up