Genuine Netting Suppliers And Net Makers.

if field sports UK talk about nelson quite unprofessionally on their eBay ads then it is out spite. nobody goes anywere else after dealing with nelson nets

editted to add, i have just looked on ebay at 1 of the listings and i can honestly tell you that is the first i have ever read of nelson that does not show him in a good light.

Edited by smithie

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John Orr is a crank what he knows about long netting can be written on the back of a postage stamp in capital letters. Even Smithie who has been netting only a couple of years, knows far more than Joh

It was an "interesting conversation" with Mr James Baird, it took place on the Welsh game fair ground a couple of years ago. We spoke for nearly an hour, in which time he managed to convince me that h

George...what you need is the book " LONG NETTING FROM PEG TO PEG " by Martin King..

Posted Images

I know for a fact where Nelson gets his nets. All I can say is some one is telling porkies and it's not Nelson. James Baird and I have met and spoken at length to the man. He could crawl under a snake with a top hat on he is that low.

TC

• Like 1

I have bought the netting from Nelson, it is what he says it is. Read that advert, personally 8 or 10z would not be for me, I actually prefer 4z over 6z. Talked to Les a few times on the phone and he is a genuine decent man. As said the guy has not named Les but you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to know who he is talking about.

• Like 2

:laugh: It was an "interesting conversation" with Mr James Baird, it took place on the Welsh game fair ground a couple of years ago. We spoke for nearly an hour, in which time he managed to convince me that he had never used a long net, ever.

It was not fair really as I knew who he was, but as far as he was concerned I was just another punter. The spiel he was spouting was unbelievable, ( well to anyone with more than a rudimentary knowledge of long netting). I must admit I did lead him into making claims that were, lets just say, a little outlandish, but to be fair he did make them with a straight face. How I will never know?

My parting shot was worth it's weight in gold, just to see the look on his face. (It was netrigger off here who showed him how to rig up nets, but instead of being grateful, he caused a lot of unnecessary animosity for netrigger by telling his porkies.) As a parting shot I asked if he was from just outside Glasgow and named the town? To which he answered yes, I then told him I have a mate living a couple of miles away from him who knows practically everything there is to know about long netting. Oh yes he answered what's his name? When I told him netrigger's name you could see the colour drain from his face, at that point I walked away smiling to my self.

TC

• Like 3

Thanksyou to everyone, I did not expect such a quick response. Over here long netting is a dieing art, only a few old boys can tell you a little about it.

I will be getting in contact with nelson. Thanks again.

You have made the right choice . I just had a look on ebay and had a personal chuckle to myself ! Last time I looked on that site Jim was spouting a bit of verbal shite saying ! " 4z nets are only good for setting on golf courses " :laugh::laugh: .. Why is he now selling or should I say trying to punt 4z nets :laugh: .. I can vouch personally that nelsons nets are made from 100% Toray Nylon , set with the correct bagging , at the correct distance , and his baskets are the mutts nuts unlike field f@ks which lack quality ! ... nelsons kit is user friendly , and silent if ones working on night time drops .. Drop nelson a p.m. ,, cracking bloke who actually does catch rabbits .

Regards ..

• Like 1