What Would Your Dogs Daily Food Intake Consist Of

Some people have different views on feeding there dogs I feed my lurchers dryed food with tuna or the whites of egg scrambled in with the dried food all my dogs are fit healthy and do the job well

Some people have different views on feeding there dogs I feed my lurchers dryed food with tuna or the whites of egg scrambled in with the dried food all my dogs are fit healthy and do the job well

Thanks for your reply all these people feeding raw and veg and no one will give a mix and amount they feed

As a standard it's dry food with tripe and rice once a week, more than that if the work load increases. But as above every dog's needs, digestion and metabolic rate will be different. see how they respond.

cant really put an amount on it as every dogs different they eat a lot more when younger as there growing still, its something you have to play about with if the dog loses weight feed more and vice versa

i feed mine about 2 to 3 lbs of meat plus chicken wings or carcass or turkey neck the meat mainly being chicken lamb or tripe

you could try aiming for about 5% of the dogs body weight as a guidline more if there young or very active

Thanks lads that's great going by what you have said iam on the right track my dogs all look good ,good weight and good coats there a lot of talk of veg .jjbull and fret78 you don't include it at all do you think that your dogs don't need it .iam starting to think that a lot of people are trying to feed there dogs food that they would like to eat rather than what the dog would like to eat

You have to be so careful with veg and fruit. I've often caught my mum feeding hers grapes and broccoli. Both of which are no good for them. I make sure the dry food has all the vitamins and nutrient content they need. while the tripe and rice has lots of protein and carbs to aid in growth/development and recovery after a hard day out. If you are going to feed them veg, best just to check on the website or with a vet to see what's safe. think a lot of people would be surprised.

Mt two springers are healthy and happy and never run out of bounce, that's what matters to me.

That

You have to be so careful with veg and fruit. I've often caught my mum feeding hers grapes and broccoli. Both of which are no good for them. I make sure the dry food has all the vitamins and nutrient content they need. while the tripe and rice has lots of protein and carbs to aid in growth/development and recovery after a hard day out. If you are going to feed them veg, best just to check on the website or with a vet to see what's safe. think a lot of people would be surprised.

Mt two springers are healthy and happy and never run out of bounce, that's what matters to me.[/quote

I don't feed much veg spuds and cabbage now and again I have a lot of dogs I feed about 60kg of beef a week nuts pasta tried other veg but they just leave it they all seem happy don't think iam going to worry about veg any more just stick to what I no works thanks

i fed raw minced veg at the start but now dont include it theres lots of conflicting advice about why you should put veg in because it replicates the veg that would be in a prey animals stomach but then i read about how the animals dont actually eat the contents, my animals get a little veg from what they pinch or scrounge from the kitchen but i feel there not lacking anything from not getting veg

• 4 weeks later...

I feed raw chicken or raw rabbit with some veggies and working dog muesli all mixed in, plus the odd scrambled egg. she sometimes eats a whole rabbit that she's caught and I give raw beef ribs/lamb legs once or twice a week, and I have a constant supply or boneos and gravy bones as a her treats :)

64861_10200559163764478_373134255_n.jpg

as for amounts, in the morning she gets a small breakfast of a cup (about 100g) of muesli with either a scrambled egg or just water. in the evening she gets 1-1.5 cups (100-150g)of muesli, 1-2 cups (100-200g) of raw chicken or rabbit and some veg - either raw or cooked carrots or peas normally. I adjust how much she eats depending how much energy she's used - sometimes we just do a short walk in the afternoon and sometimes she's out all day on the farm hunting, running behind the quadbike, running about with other dogs etc.