Same here used bricks put bricks on the top as well and never advertised whats there as if its no stolen some nosey git might want to take a look

the gap is between the brick and the stone wall (bottom layer) top layer covers this. Emphasized more in pic 2.

not all the images are the same trap

it says "rat trap" because the farm dog can read...... well so the postie tells me, as it chases him regular... :icon_eek:

Edited by donky7

the gap is between the brick and the stone wall (bottom layer) top layer covers this. Emphasized more in pic 2.

not all the images are the same trap

it says "rat trap" because the farm dog can read...... well so the postie tells me, as it chases him regular... :icon_eek:

was thinking that they were all same traps,, that what was throwing me off when i observed the gap between brick and stone :laugh: must make myself some of them,, :yes:

just use sheets of wire mesh,,, you can carry loads, and just bend them over in long arch ways,, and cover them with anything to hand,,,

i also have some out of heavy gage mesh,, that are already bent in half hexagon tunnels,, they stack on top of each other

I was just thinking of going off to build some natural tunnels for fenns but was wondering if anybody had any pics of them to give me a better idea

Thanks Tom

Natural tunnels,...constructed from localised materials and placed throughout a shoot,.one on every hedgerow, and sited, either side of gateways, crossing places etc,..are deadly... :yes:

Every sporting estate would have hundreds of tunnels for stoats;some of them being in existence, for generations of keepers and under-keepers.

Edited by CHALKWARREN

Using a simple three sided wooden tunnel is the good basis for a natural tunnel.

Or you could just use whatever is to hand:

TrapLine004.jpg

I aint that experianced and have not set many fens over the years and normally have poor catch rate lol..

Aint that tunnel asking for trouble tho ?? with none target species ?? I aint rtying to be funny fella and its a geniun question..

I should have pointed out that the picture was taken before the installation of the necessary guard sticks to reduce the entrance size.

Having said that, all the hedgehogs in that part of the world have long since been snaffled up by our old friend Billy Badger....