What Type Of Veg Do You Feed

Greens and carrots mainly, and the odd bit of cooked potato and pasta if it is going spare. I don't give them onions (raw or cooked) but they happily tuck into anything else that is going. The choose to eat raw carrots as chew snacks, but the greens are cooked - either left over from my dinner, or cooked up with any big bones that are too big to either feed raw or for my mincer to cope with. I don't have a set amount that I feed - just a good variety.

Greens and carrots mainly, and the odd bit of cooked potato and pasta if it is going spare. I don't give them onions (raw or cooked) but they happily tuck into anything else that is going. The choose to eat raw carrots as chew snacks, but the greens are cooked - either left over from my dinner, or cooked up with any big bones that are too big to either feed raw or for my mincer to cope with. I don't have a set amount that I feed - just a good variety.

Thanks for your reply do you think that for the price of of veg they get a good return and benefit from it only reason Is because it would probably cost me about €10 extra a week on top of there other food plus the extra work

I buy bags of frozen from Iceland - £1 per kilo usually. Easy bought, stored and fed......everything has been ate so far....peas, broccoli, beans, mixed veg and the favourite........sprouts!

Thanks never thought of frozen veg will look it to that this week

I would try some and see - a couple of spoonfuls of cooked veg in the dinner and see how they like it. Don't get too bogged down in quantity - if you are feeding some dry food as well, they will be getting vitamins/minerals etc from there too - anything else you add is going to be a bonus.

Guest vin

i use frozen as well, i cook it and soak brown bread in with it, then mixed with tripe, chicken and beef, make it up once a week.

no need to cook the veg mate..I feed them the veg RAW just like the Meat. . .Spinach is good and mixes really well if you buy the frozen stuff..im not sure of the potential health benefits from raw veg,,but im certain its got more healthy essentials in its raw state rather than cooked.