Sign in to follow this  
iansmith2

Russell Dog Pup

i asked a simple question what justifies charging 200 quid for a pup when it might not even make the grade, and to be honest the pic of sire and dam dont do nothing for me they look like show dogs but i could be well wrong and they could be half decent workers but still 200 quid is taking the fooking hand whatever way ye what to look at it as for saying sure such and such sell jackadoddles or whatever then fooking let them simple fooks work away a bitch should be bred for you own use then pups given out to mates and mybe if there is no room then sell it on to cover costs but its as simple as this your looking to make money from the pups end o,f and i couldnt give a flying frank who jumps to your rescue because am sure at end of summer the same ones disagreeing with me will have a set of "genuine" pups for sale at 200 quid

I cant believe people in this day n age can say this is a bad deal were talkin about something that could potentially last you 15 years or so. And I bet those same people would spend hundreds of pounds on a pair of shoes or a jacket or hundreds on a good night out. In time everything does get more expensive wether you like it or not. My girlfriends nan used to breed jack russells over 50 years ago and she used to charge 5pounds a pup, in todays money that is probably around 200. Anyway thats just how I see things but then again some people do want everything for free, I just live in the real world
  • Like 1

200 quids cheap when you hear of greg mousley selling pups @ 450 notes ---------------- and with a waiting list :icon_eek::icon_eek:

What his strain like?

these days show stuff --- photos on the jrtcgb website

Mousleys other half offered my mate a 6 month old bitch and wanted 'a bargain £350!' and there are people moaning about £200 for a quality looking pup!

git stung by mousley in 1982 turned out the pup i bought was`nt from the parents he showed me -- it was a looker and won shows but would`nt graft the mrs had him as a house dog he was a good guard dog great with the kids and lived till 18 year old .... he cribbed it at a show he was judgeing when i told him it was one of his he denied it that year it won stoneleigh suddenley he remembered breeding it ...

that statement just about sums gm up atb bunnys

200 quids cheap when you hear of greg mousley selling pups @ 450 notes ---------------- and with a waiting list :icon_eek::icon_eek:

What his strain like?

these days show stuff --- photos on the jrtcgb website

Mousleys other half offered my mate a 6 month old bitch and wanted 'a bargain £350!' and there are people moaning about £200 for a quality looking pup!

git stung by mousley in 1982 turned out the pup i bought was`nt from the parents he showed me -- it was a looker and won shows but would`nt graft the mrs had him as a house dog he was a good guard dog great with the kids and lived till 18 year old .... he cribbed it at a show he was judgeing when i told him it was one of his he denied it that year it won stoneleigh suddenley he remembered breeding it ...

that statement just about sums gm up atb bunnys

we could sum him up in one word bunnys ;)

not what i'm looking for but if i were I'd have no problem paying £200 for it. some people on this site are just here to stir the shite and get a rise out of ya!

I paid £150 just to get a russel out of a rescue home, she had none of this breeding (that i know of) and has been a real good little bitch. £200 for something that you know where its come from is nowt!

IMO

Si

what price to put on a well bred working pup .... when you see pet russells in the papers miniture jack russells girls :D £450 boys :D £375 .....

Cant see how the prices of pet dogs has anything to do with working dogs, would the £200 for the '15yr companion' be as good value for money if you'd spent 2yrs rearing only for it to spew? The pup looks a cracker anyway & I thought it would be gone by now also, he's the double of my russell I bought 9yrs ago. That was the last pup I ever paid for

Cant see how the prices of pet dogs has anything to do with working dogs, would the £200 for the '15yr companion' be as good value for money if you'd spent 2yrs rearing only for it to spew? The pup looks a cracker anyway & I thought it would be gone by now also, he's the double of my russell I bought 9yrs ago. That was the last pup I ever paid for

just a comparison ----if you get it for free 200 quid or a grand theres no guarentee weather a working bred pup will spew or not .........i`ve paid good money and had freebies thats spewed --- everyone seems to look for a short cut to success these days --- put a few year into it and breed your own best way--- keep or cull :thumbs:

• Like 1

just a comparison ----if you get it for free 200 quid or a grand theres no guarentee weather a working bred pup will spew or not .........i`ve paid good money and had freebies thats spewed --- everyone seems to look for a short cut to success these days --- put a few year into it and breed your own best way--- keep or cull :thumbs:
You're right there stig, only thing I've found over the years is the lads who breed for themselves, gift or cull usually keep decent stuff & are not motivated by money. Can't say that for the lads who regularly sell whole litters often using the 'just to cover expenses of breeding'. Not saying thats all of them mate, I'd rather cull myself purely because you have no idea who you're selling to when you advertise, a seemingly decent bloke could be a bad stockman. I'd rather not bother mate & I have a job to pay for anything I want

Sign in to follow this