Knives

YEP MT .

THATS RIGHT, THE TANG IS BASICALLY THE STEEL SECTION WHICH IS ATTACHED TO THE HANDLE ......

FULL TANG ....... THE STEEL SHOWS RIGHT THROUGH AND THE WOODEN SCALES ARE FIXED EITHER SIDE

HIDDEN TANG ........ THE TANG IS SHAPED LIKE A THIN WEDGE AND " HIDDEN " INSIDE THE HANDLE

HERES A DRAWING WITH SOME OTHER TERMS ON IT

post-50-1186763994_thumb.jpg

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :big_boss:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Knives,

Personally i love knives, but my favorites are BUCK knives i have 5 at the moment and i find the 110 hunter the best all rounder, If you know someone going to america they are only about £25, and they come with a life time gurantee.... i was messing around one day and broke the tip of one, sent it back to BUCK and they sent me a brand new one FOC...

Cheers Gary

Just out of Interest what do you all use to keep a good edge on your Blades? I used to use a oil stone but can still never get the same edge on the blade it Originally came with, I have seen these BladeTech sharpeners at some Fairs and they look good on the website, does anyone rate them?

Cheers

Jasper http://www.bladetech.co.uk

Nice Knives,

Personally i love knives, but my favorites are BUCK knives i have 5 at the moment and i find the 110 hunter the best all rounder, If you know someone going to america they are only about £25, and they come with a life time gurantee.... i was messing around one day and broke the tip of one, sent it back to BUCK and they sent me a brand new one FOC...

Cheers Gary

I know what you're saying Gary. this Buck looks pretty sweet and one I have my eye on when the funds are available :thumbs:.

Cheers

Jasper http://www.bkcg.co.uk/products/manu/buck/bu196.html

Just out of Interest what do you all use to keep a good edge on your Blades? I used to use a oil stone but can still never get the same edge on the blade it Originally came with, I have seen these BladeTech sharpeners at some Fairs and they look good on the website, does anyone rate them?

Cheers

Jasper http://www.bladetech.co.uk

i use a Global Diamond Steel..............Keeps them like a razor.

I spoke to the guys on the blade tech stand and they said theres are for people who cant use a steel ect.....

They advised me to keep using the steel as it will give a better edge, just needs practice

Just ordered a Blade Tech and hopefully get a edge back on some of my knives :yes:. I like the look of the Globel Diamond steel sharpeners but they're a bit too expensive for me and worth more than my knives :whistling:....

Cheers

Jasper

The Blade Tech are ok, just keep it as a key ring an it's always to hand, had mine about 5 years, still doin both my field an kitchen knives. Yes, there are better sharpeners but these are versitile and easy. For best results, hold it down firm on a flat surface and draw the blade down, don't put to much pressure on.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another site of a guy who is a Blacksmith by trade and makes some very nice knives either to your spec or his own, you can also select your steel type and Wood for the handle. there is a few knives on the site but they can also be made to order too!! after talking to him I'll certainly be ordereing one in the future as I know the care and time he puts into tempering and making of Individual Blades aswell as the other items he can make :thumbs:...

http://www.knivesbynick.co.uk/